Day 200

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, "I am the worst of them".

"The worst of sinners", before accepting Jesus as our personal Lord and savior we are one of this. But later, after receiving him we realize how wrong we are ,we persecuted and insulted him, we just ignore him, we don't listen to him, live in a worldly way but God is indeed merciful to each one of us, he is very patient in dealing with us, and we are blessed to receive eternal life.

Christ came into the world to save sinners like us, we may be labeled as the worst but just like Saul of Tarsus" "As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything." (Acts 9:3-9, NIV)

His early life is described to be persecuting early disciples of Jesus. He was struck blind by God because of his wrongdoing, but later he began to preach Jesus after Jesus bring back his sight. Jesus is powerful, he punished Saul but he uses him to preach his word and to save lives of many. Now, Saul is now called as Paul , an apostle of God who has the idea of salvation through faith and not by "works of the law". Before submitting Saul's life into conversion, he was "zealous", he intensely tried to destroy the church of God but after his conversion he is a follower of Jesus Christ.

We are just like Saul before, but when we decided to follow Jesus we are miraculously changed. "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." (1 Timothy 1:15, ESV).

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, you came into the world to save us, now it's my time to do my part, to serve you with all my heart. Amen.