Day 205

Laughter may hide sadness but when happiness is gone sorrow is always there.

Dede Koswara's story or also known as the "Tree Man" in Indonesia is one of the most sought after allegory years ago. He exhibited an unusual condition of his body named as Epidermodysplasia verruciformis. It is an extremely rare autosomal recessive genetic hereditary skin disorder. His condition attracted the media, the Doctors and all the people in the world. He is often taunted as monster by some that's why he gets depressed, get hopeless in life cause the warts in his body keep growing and growing.

Caught by the medical health care's attention, Doctors in Indonesia finds a way to cure him. Dede felt happy about it but the operation is at risk because it might take Dede's life. His family is also worried about him but God is so good, his surgery went well. Almost 90% of Dede's warts removed from his body but there's a 10% chance that it will grow back. There are moments in Dede's life that he don't want to continue the surgery anymore because of the fact that the warts will grow again, this brings Dede again into sorrow. It is true that "Laughter may hide sadness but when happiness is gone sorrow is always there." Proverbs 14:13.

His situation caught also citizens attention, let's continue to pray for Dede. If we try to step in his shoes, we can experience the pain in Dede's heart. It is not easy to be in Dede's situation, we may not inherit his condition but it can happen to anyone, like him, we may feel so very happy at the moment, we smile to let the people know that we are not hurt but on the inside we are very weak and our heart is crushed and in sorrow but amidst all of this let us don't give up in our faith. Yes, we are hopeless in the adversities in life, we get stressed out, we feel like dying but God will make a way when there seems to be no way, he guided the Doctors hands to help Dede. We too are guided by the loving presence of the Lord, don't get dismay. Dede's story is a reflection to all of us that "Nothing is impossible with God." keep the faith!

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, my life is hopeless but you make me laugh again. I am deeply crushed, my heart is weak but behind it is a strong God. Amen.