Chapter 23

Lin Yan sat on the sofa and instinctively wanted to light another cigarette. Then he paused for a moment before taking two sips from the water glass next to him. He started to think about what happened previously. The handwriting of the word 'service' was too consistent. It was almost certain that it was written by the same person.

So he wasn't dreaming at the time. The man he grabbed at the entrance of the bar after becoming drunk was really Jing Yuanzhou? That night, they went to the hotel and opened a room together.

Although his handling of Titans in his dream had yet to be verified, it was absolutely impossible for nothing to have happened based on the service fee of one jiao. The most important thing was that after adding him as a friend the next day, he actually regarded Jing Yuanzhou as a virtual boyfriend and complained severely about the previous incident.

Thinking up to here, Lin Yan couldn't help lowering his head and burying his face in his hands. "Fuck?"

What did he say at the time? He had a friend! However, Jing Yuanzhou actually saw through it and didn't say anything. Looking back now, he could almost imagine the man smiling at his phone. Then afterwards, he asked about the one jiao scumbag again. It seemed to be full of provocation.

Lin Yan was in a really bad mood at this time. He probably felt that he had really fed the dog.

Jing Yuanzhou came back with breakfast. He found that the door of the room was open. He pushed it open wider to enter and found Lin Yan sitting on the sofa with an unclear expression. A bit of consternation flashed in his eyes. He changed to slippers and walked in. He placed the breakfast on the table in front of him and made a guess. "Did you argue with the housekeeper?"

Lin Yan watched him silently. Then he opened the bag, took a bun and took a bite. After that, he blankly unlocked the phone on the table.

Jing Yuanzhou's gaze followed these movements and he instantly saw the familiar writing on the lit up phone screen. He looked at the paper next to it and suddenly understood. He was slightly taken aback by the fall of his identity.

Lin Yan ate the bun and his tongue gently licked the corners of his lips, his tone light. "I remember that Captain Jing was quite concerned about my progress in finding the one jiao scumbag?"

Then before Jing Yuanzhou could reply, he raised his eyes and gave a smile that wasn't a smile. "I think that I have now found him."

There was a long silence. The breeze blowing in from the window made the curtains shake slightly. Jing Yuanzhou cleared his throat under this scrutinizing gaze. "Yes, that's great."

He opened a bottle of milk, took a sip and smiled. "I've been thinking about how I should tell you. This is better."

He quickly admitted it with a few words. If Lin Yan didn't understand this man too much, he would've heard the relief in the tone and really believed such nonsense. Lin Yan supported his chin with his hand and watched Jing Yuanzhou. "Then can you finally talk about what happened that night?"

Jing Yuanzhou met his gaze and thought for a moment. "In fact, it is actually difficult to speak about this matter."

Lin Yan's movements paused slightly and he inexplicably had a bad feeling.

"That night, my teammate took me to the bar street to relax. I didn't expect that Coach Lin would suddenly come out and pester me on the way back." Jing Yuanzhou talked slowly. He remembered that time and couldn't help smiling. "We didn't know each other at the time and I wasn't interested in meddling with other people's affairs. However, you pestered me and kept saying... you really want me. Thinking about it carefully, it is probably the predestined relationship from the legends."