Chapter 69

During the long silence, Jing Yuanzhou watched Lin Yan quietly. A long time passed before he sighed. "Looking at your attitude, it seems you don't want to talk?"

Lin Yan felt like Jing Yuanzhou's breath was blowing against his heart. He had still been thinking about how to guard against this person but now he inexplicably felt that there was nothing wrong with confessing to each other.

"No, it is fine to talk." Lin Yan glanced at his wrist that was still being held by Jing Yuanzhou and muttered, "Let go first."

Jing Yuanzhou smiled softly and obediently took back his hand. However, the hand that was retracted was placed back on his ankle. It resumed the ambiguous movements just now and continued to massage the ointment.

In this way, the evil fire that had just been suppressed started to run rampant again. The atmosphere that had already calmed down became filled with ambiguity in an instant.

Lin Yan was sure that Jing Yuanzhou was absolutely doing this deliberately. He gritted his teeth and asked without a smile, "Jing Yuanzhou, can I understand that you are nervous? Deliberately using this behavior to make me happy... have you ever thought about what if I don't appreciate it?"

Jing Yuanzhou looked up at him. "You will appreciate it."

Lin Yan was choked up by such a sentence and finally couldn't help clicking his tongue. "This type of overconfidence is indeed your style of doing things."

Jing Yuanzhou heard these words and paused his massage for a moment. There was a moment of silence before he said, "In fact, I'm not that confident."

He thought about it and added, "At least, I've never been able to figure out what you are thinking in your heart."

Lin Yan didn't answer. He instinctively wanted to grab for a cigarette, only to find that there was nothing in his pocket. Jing Yuanzhou noticed Lin Yan's movements and took out a box of cigarettes, handing it to him. "Do you want to smoke?"

Lin Yan's gaze paused for a moment. Then he reached out and pulled one out. Rather than lighting it up, he rubbed it repeatedly in the palm of his hand. "I won't smoke."

Jing Yuanzhou didn't ask much and took back the cigarette box. The surroundings became quiet again. In such an atmosphere, Lin Yan pinched the cigarette butt in his hand and changed its shape. It seemed that this action wasn't enough to vent the emotions currently surging inside him. He sent it to his mouth and it shook up and down as he spoke. "Then what do you think?"

The moment he asked this, the undercurrents that had been surging between them for a while was brought into the light. For these tacit things, it was too hypocritical to continue hiding them. It was better to be direct and honest.

Lin Yan didn't say it but he couldn't help muttering secretly in his heart, 'We are both adults. There is no need to learn from children and play some silly confession game.'

The heartbeat itself was a physiological reaction. The only certainty now was that the two of them were indeed aware of each other. According to Lin Yan's meaning, even the sentimental confession sections could be completely omitted.

After all, if he and Jing Yuanzhou really wanted to get together then they might explode on the spot. The thing they were originally lacking wasn't 'you and me' but how to properly arrange things in the next period of time. The real problems were always more difficult to deal with than the emotional part.

Lin Yan thought that Jing Yuanzhou was a senior god approaching the age of retirement and should have the same worries about the team's development. He didn't expect that after staying silent for a moment, Jing Yuanzhou also pinched a cigarette in his mouth and spoke in an extremely serious voice, "I don't know. I haven't considered anything apart from the fact that I definitely like you."