Chapter 20:Championship Bound

With 10 minutes until the game started the team went back to the field. Izuku with tear marks still present on his face had been thinking bad thoughts.

'Weak...how dare you cry...'

He used his anger to his advantage as the game finally started.

Even thought Yagi and Ochako had recommended he sit the game out he refused.

"HIKE!" Bakugo screamed.

Izuku ran past the corner back and ran to the left.

Bakugo threw the ball and Izuku easily caught it while running past the safety. He sprinted past the rest of the defense to score a touchdown on the first play of the game.

"LETS GO!" Bakugo screamed while bumping helmets with Izuku.

"That's what this shit is about! We keep this up well be in grands before you know it!" Bakugo yells through his mouth piece.

Izuku grins and nods.

"Midoriya looks better then ever!" Mina voiced in the bleachers next to Ochako,Tsu,Momo,jiro and nejire.

"Agreed, he really has brought up schools moral when it comes to football." Momo states with a small smile.

Ochako stares.

'Please be okay Izuku...' She thinks to herself.

The first drive for Seiai was ended when they had to punt.

Izuku was the receiver of this punt.

When he caught it he ran like hell before the other team tackled him at the 50 yard line.

After a first down catch by shoto and a first down run by kirishima they were inside of the 20 yard line.

This time Shoto scored making the game 13-0 and after the newly acquired Ojiro's kick they were up 14-0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter.

The rest of the first and the whole of the second quarter went quick. Scoreless on both sides.

It was the beginning of the second half. After a fumble on the return it was U.A's offensive drive. Bakugo threw the ball and for the first time this season an interception of one of his passes occurred.

It was a pick-six and after the extra point it was 14-7 in favor of U.A.

Nerves were raising as the minutes went on.

With 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Seiai tied the game.

U.A had 20 minutes to break the tie but after shoto fumbled a return Seiai scored again.

The team moral dropped except for Izuku and Bakugo. Bakugo was determined but Izuku was angry. He wouldn't let the team lose.

The end of the third quarter came and went with another failed drive from U.A. The anger building up in Izuku showed when in the first play of U.A in the fourth quarter he slammed the corner back to the floor before standing over him as kirishima ran through the defensive linemen.

Once Kirishima was stopped the safety from Seiai ran up and pushed Izuku back off of the cornerback. Izuku laughed at them and walked back to his team.

This made the Seiai bleachers boo Izuku. Which also just made Izuku want to win more.

'Izuku...' Ochako thought to herself disappointed in her boyfriends antics.

It was 2nd and 7 with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Izuku caught the ball but got knocked onto his back in the process. The safety who tackled him stood over him and laughed just as he did the the cornerback before.