Chapter 19:Shattered

Two weeks later after Halloween Izuku was finally allowed to play again. Yagi suspended him for 6 games because of his actions on Halloween night.

Shinso was suspended for 7.

The two haven't spoken a word to each other. Shinso was ostracized from the team. Izuku was also payed less attention too.

Ochako forgave Izuku the morning after but also talked to him about calming his anger and not to hit anyone no matter what.

Bakugo and Izuku still talked but Bakugo was more focused on the teammate aspect of their duo and less them going out for fun.

Izuku always said to himself he was happy. That things couldn't be better.

He was lying to himself.

It was the last game of the playoffs, U.A Underdogs vs Seiai Showstoppers. Whoever won this would go to the championship game. Since Izuku and Shinso's were suspended Neito Monoma took over as wide receiver even though he was the backup quarterback.

Bakugo and Monoma were also a good duo but if it weren't for the speed of iida on defense the chances of U.A making it this far would be slim to none.

It was before the game and Izuku was in the locker room alone.

'It's my first game back...' He thinks to himself while holding his helmet and looking at the mask part of the helmet.

'Even without me the team made it through playoffs...this is our chance...we have to win.' Izuku thinks before the door slams open and Bakugo walks in.

They stare at each other for a minute before Bakugo walks to his locker and grabs his stuff.

"What are you doing here so early." Bakugo says breaking the silence as he takes his helmet out of his locker.

"Just came to think, it's my first game in a little while. Need to prepare mentally y'know?" Izuku responds not looking up from his helmet.

"We'll make sure you're prepared, I won't hesitate to sub in Monoma if you're playing bad." Bakugo says before he finishes training and leaves the locker room.

Izuku slowly starts to laugh to himself.

'Like hell I'll play bad.' He thinks to himself with wide eyes and a smirk.

He stands up and puts on his football gear before walking out to the field, since it was a game held at U.A he could go out early.

He walked behind the bleachers and found Ochako.

The two agreed to meet up before the game earlier.

"Hey Izuku..." Ochako says as Izuku rounds the bleachers and sees her sitting on her sweatshirt.

"Hey, aren't you cold?" Izuku says noticing her slight shiver.

"Yeah but I'd rather be cold then sit on rocks." Ochako says laughing a bit while standing up and putting on the sweatshirt.

Izuku smiles.

"Yeah, can't blame you there." He says with a small laugh.

"You looking forward to the game?" Ochako asks with her hands going into the sleeves of her sweatshirt to keep them warm.

"Yeah, first game in a while. I'm confident I'll do fine though." Izuku says with a small chuckle.

"We both know you will." Ochako agrees with a smile.

"How's the rest of the team?" Ochako asks Izuku who looks over to the setting sun.

"They're fine, I've seen them playing these last 6 games and even with a sub wide receiver they're doing great." Izuku says while taking Ochako's hand and holding it.