Chapter 106: Never say Goodbye

Kota walked hand in hand with Eri. It was the 30th of December. One day before Kota left for America. Kota had spent a lot of time with the football guys and that whole friend group. They were all very proud that he was taking the opportunity. Because it was the final day before he left

"Ahhh I'm gonna miss this." Kota said as he looked over to Eri who giggled.

"I will too, but you're gonna be following your dream! I think that's so cool!" Eri told the boy while squeezing his hand a bit.

Kota smiled. "That's true, even though this year will mostly just be getting used to the place and knowing more people. Since the football season is already over." Kota told the girl who nodded.

"Then next year you'll have even more chances to get scouted! That's great!" Eri said while smiling.

"Yeah...I'm not sure how my schooling is gonna work to be honest. There's four years of highschool in America so I guess I'll have even more time." Kota looked in front of them.

They were just walking through a local park, luckily the path they were on didn't have snow on it.

"Ohh that means I'll graduate before you right?" Eri asks and Kota immediately nods.

"You'll be in college before me." Kota chuckles and Eri's smile slowly fades.

'I don't want that...' Eri thought to herself.

An idea came to the girls mind and her smile returned.

"Eh that's fine, as long as you don't start calling me your senior." Eri snickered and Kota laughed.

"Don't worry I won't. For now at least." Kota teased while looking over to the girl with a smirk.

Eri shook her head while smiling. The two continued to walk, enjoying each other's time together while they could.

No matter how much time they had that night, it would never feel like it was enough.

Kota slowly woke up and saw his mother bedside him with her hand on his arm.

"It's time to get up sweetie." His mother told him with a smile on her face. She had tears in her eyes though.

Kota smiled and offered his hand to his mother. She took it and helped him up, bringing him into a hug once he was on his feet.

"I'm gonna miss you..." His mother said to him as he patted her back.

"I'm gonna miss you too mom, trust me." Kota chuckled before looking at the clock.

It was 5 am. His flight was at 10:30 but the airport was an hour away and he had to be there 2 hours earlier to show his proof of identity and such.

Kota's mother let go of him and caressed his cheek while smiling.

"I'm so proud that you're following your dream. You're gonna be amazing." She told the boy who smiled and nodded.

"I'll do it for you mom..." Kota said and his mother giggled before turning away and walking to the door.

"Get ready, we're leaving shortly." His mother said before leaving the room.

Kota looked around his room. He wouldn't be there again for a long time, and that was really setting in. He had grown up in the room, he still had toys from when he was younger stored in a toy box at the edge of his bed.

Some things were in his suitcase that he was bringing to America but majority of his stuff was staying behind.

He got dressed in casual clothes and put on the hat Eri had gotten him. It was a normal part of his daily outfits at this point.