Chapter 73: Homecoming announcement

Y'all did NOT lock in last chapter. lol.

Kota walked down the halls to lunch. He and Eri had been meeting up during their lunch period and just hanging out. Kota knew about the table where the football players and others sat but he just liked sitting with Eri.

"Kota!" Eri ran up behind the boy and ruffled his hair.

"Hey! I don't want my hair to be messy!" Kota complains as the girl giggles and walks up to his side.

Kota shakes his head. "Have you seen Izuku? He was supposed to talk to us after he went to the principals office." Kota asks the girl who sighs.

"He got suspended, so he's gonna be out until this time next month." Eri says and Kota's eyes widen.

"A month?! What the hell!" Kota said to the girl making her laugh.

"That's exactly what I said. Like the exact phrase." Eri said slightly diverging away from the conversation.

"That's cute and all but why a month?! He didn't even hurt the kid!" Kota protested and Eri nodded.

"It's a bit harsh but I could only assume Shiketsu was angry at U.A. No other way they'd want him expelled for hurting Inasa." Eri says as she starts walking again

"They wanted him expelled?! What the f-" Kota started while following the girl.

"Yeah, it's crazy." Eri cut him off while shaking her head in disappointment.

The two started to walk toward the outside of the school where they are their food but a teacher saw them.

"Hey! You need to go to the cafeteria now. There's an announcement!" The woman smiled and Eri and Kota looked at eachother.

"An announcement? Oh jeez..." Eri mumbled and Kota sighed.

The two made their way to the cafeteria.

Nezu stood in the middle and everyone watched him.

Eri and Kota stood in a corner. Waiting for the announcement to be done so they could go back outside.

Nezu cleared his throat and it caught everyone's attention.

"Hello students. Thought this would be the best time for an announcement since almost all of you are here." Nezu chuckled to himself.

"This year the school board has decided, instead of only having a first year's dance and prom. There will be a homecoming dance." Nezu says causing the kids to start small conversation between eachother.

"There will still be a prom, but, this dance is open to all years. It will be two weeks from this Friday." Nezu announces with a smile and kids start to cheer throughout the cafeteria.

'Two weeks from Friday...' Eri thought to herself before her eyes widened.

Ochako sat at the table she always did. She had told the table that izuku was suspended for a month. Now that it was announced the dance was only 2 weeks away.

She realized she wouldn't be able to go with Izuku.

She didn't like that.

The announcement ended and lunch went back to normal. Kota and Eri started walking to where they always ate.

"Man...I can't believe the dance is in only 2 weeks." Kota said as he and Eri entered the courtyard.

"Yeah, it sucks izuku won't be able to go. I bet he would love to go with Ochako." Eri said as the two sat down on a bench.

"Yeah...that sucks..." Kota said while starting to think about if he was going to ask Eri to the dance.

"Anyways." Eri said while looking over to Kota who started drinking out of a bottle.

"Wanna go to homecoming with me?" Eri said making Kota's eyes widen.

'So casual about it!' He thought to himself before he choked on the drink he had and had a small coughing fit.

Eri giggled. "You okay?" She asked the boy who pounded his chest and nodded.

"Yeah I'm good." He said before coughing again.

He cleared his throat and looked at the girl.

"Uh yeah, I'd love to go with you." He smiled while trying not to blush.

Eri smiled and stood up back onto her feet.

Kota looked at her confused.

"Get up." Eri told the boy and he slowly did so.

Eri jumped at him and hugged him. He hesitated while putting his arms up in the air. He slowly wrapped his arms around the girl and smiled.

"What's this for?" Kota asked and the girl giggled while pulling her face back from his shoulder.

"I don't know, I'm just excited!" Eri smiled at the boy and he felt his heart flutter.

He pulled the girls body closer to him and hugged her. A small blush appeared on Eri's face but she wasn't sure why.

Her face was still close to his. Kota had his hands on the girls lower back. She felt the blush on her face deepen and to hide her embarrassment she put her head on the boys shoulder again.

"I'm happy you're excited to go with me." Kota chuckled before slowly letting go of the girl.

"Of course! I wouldn't wanna go with anyone else." Eri smiled at the boy who blushed.

"I'm happy you asked me, I'm not sure if I would've been able to ask you. I get nervous with that stuff." Kota nervously scratched the back of his head.

"Good job kid, secured the bag."

Kota turned around and saw Tenko walking up toward him. Toga followed close behind.

"Oh Hey!" Eri said walking up to Toga.

They had become good friends the night that Eri met Inko again.

"Hey Eri, good job! Takes guts to ask a guy out so casually." Toga said to the girl who looked a little confused.

"But it's just a dance, not like I asked him out on a date." Eri said.

Tenko who was next to Kota cringed and so did Kota.

"Damn bro..." Tenko mumbled to Kota who nodded.

Eri's obliviousness was becoming ridiculous.

Toga nervously chuckled.

"Yeah...I guess." The girl said as the atmosphere became awkward.

"So, Tenko. Are you two going to the dance together?" Kota asked the boy and Toga looked over to them.

"I mean." Tenko looked over to Toga.

"You wanna go?" He asks the girl who giggles and nods.

"Sure." Toga answers and Tenko looks back to Kota.

"Yup, we're going together." He says which makes Kota and Eri laugh. Tenko joins them in laughing.

'That was a lot easier than I expected.'