Chapter 22:Championship misfortune

Izuku walked out of his last class and toward the schools gym. He didn't feel like leaving before the game started. It was a rematch against Shiketsu but this time it was for the championship.

Izuku was a bit nervous to face shiketsu because of what happened with them almost 2 months ago now.

It was the beginning of December about 2 weeks until winter break. Izuku was excited for this because it was his first break with all of his friends in 4 years.

Until then he'd focus on now. The games was in an hour.

"So Izuku, you excited?" Ochako distracted Izuku from his thoughts.

"Yeah, also a bit nervous but can't do anything about that..." Izuku chuckled while holding his hands together.

Ochako slowly grabbed one of his hands and held it.

Izuku looked up at her and smiled.

"You'll be fine Izuku, you're the star player and no matter what you and the team have done the best that U.A have ever done in the schools history." Ochako explains with Izuku nodding in response.

"No pressure." Izuku laughs a bit before hearing the gym door open and seeing Shinso walk in.

A pit grew in Izuku's stomach as he darted his eyes to a window.

In his peripheral vision he could see Shinso walking toward him.

'Shit...' Izuku thought to himself.

Until then Izuku had avoided Shinso, even in practice he didn't interact with him.

"Midoriya." Shinso called out to the green haired boy who turned to Ochako and smiled.

He was clearly distressed.

Ochako just held his hand as Shinso walked up the bleachers.

Izuku momentarily looks at Shinso before trying to get up.

Ochako holds him down.

"You have to face your problems Izuku." Ochako whispers with Izuku trembling but nodding.

"Yeah?" Izuku looks over at Shinso to see the boy nearly crying.

"For the past few days I've been trying to get a hold of you." Shinso laughs a bit before clearing his throat.

Izuku does his best to hold eye contact.

"Why?" He asks while Ochako's grip on his hand tightens.

"I wanted to apologize." Shinso starts to get closer to Izuku.

Izuku starts to back up but Shinso grabs him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, I should've done so much more. I was blinded by anger and didn't think to look into it more or even just ask you." Shinso chokes up a bit.

Izuku let's the floodgates down again. He was becoming more comfortable with crying.

"Don't cry man it'll make me cry." Shinso chuckles while backing off of Izuku with a few tears flowing down his face.

Izuku rubs his eyes before slightly laughing.

"I really am sorry though." Izuku shakes his head.

"Midoriya stop apologizing, please." Shinso also shakes his head.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Kirishima says as he walks into the gym with Kaminari and Sero following shortly behind.

Shinso looks at Izuku who shakes his head no.

"Nah, you ain't." Shinso smiles at the three.

Izuku looks to Ochako who had started to walk to the gyms exit.