Chapter 8:Volleyball and Shopping

"I got!" Ochako yells while spiking the ball over the net, scoring for her team in the skirmish of people trying out.

"Nice!" Momo says as they high five.

Ochako smiles and goes to serve the ball.

Meanwhile Izuku was back at home, he felt ecstatic. He felt like himself again. All the stress, all the fears, felt like they went away at once.

Izuku watches as his mom cries tears of joy, even though it had been a few hours Inko was very excessive with how much she cried.

"We'll be okay, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to care for you..." Inko says making Izuku smile.

Izuku hugs his mother.

"You don't have to worry now, and you're right, we'll be okay." Izuku says rubbing his moms back as she sobs.

"I just want the best for you...and maybe I'll be able to provide that now." Inko says smiling while sniffling.

"Dont worry about that, you've given me all I needed." Izuku says to her.

'All the necessities...' Izuku thinks to himself before shaking his head.

'Be grateful.' He scolds himself in his own head.

"Now I'll be able to get you new things that you want, more clothes so you're not wearing the same 5 outfits a week, you can get more shoes, maybe other things if you want. You can be who you wanna be with no limitations because of my finances." Inko says smiling.

"That's not your fault mom, if I really wanted to I could get a job and pay for my own things, I am 15 after all." Izuku says while Inko wipes tears off of her face.

She nods and stands up.

"Anyways, wanna order pizza now that we have some cash to spare?" Inko asks with a smile.

"Shouldn't we save?" Izuku asks and Inko laughs.

"Dont worry, I have all the money for taxes and bills put to the side and only have the extra money for leisure or food like this." Inko says making Izuku smile.

Izuku nods and Inko orders the pizza.

Ochako cracks her knuckles as the girl on the opposite side of the net starts to serve. The ball flies over the net and the girl next to Ochako sets the ball right up. Ochako jumps and sets it over the net barely getting it over but just enough to where she'd score.

"Good job!" Ochako says to the girl next to her, she smiles.

"Thanks." The girl says as the whistle blows signifying the end of tryouts.

"My names Ochako Uraraka, it's nice to meet you." Ochako says holding her hand out to the other girl.

The girls smiles a bit and shakes Ochako's hand.

"Kyoka Jiro, nice to meet you Uraraka." Jiro says before Mina runs to the two.

"Good job Ochako! Oh hey I'm Mina Ashido and this is Momo Yaoyorozu!" Mina says pointing to Momo.

"I'm Kyoka Jiro, nice to meet you both." Jiro says to the two other girls while smiling.

The girls all got ready and went home. Ochako was stressing about if she got on the team. She knew she wasn't bad but she never let her ego get out of hand.

She got a call from Izuku and quickly picked it up.

"H-hey Izuku! What's up?" Ochako's asks surprised.

"Nothing much, I assume you're home from tryouts?" Izuku asks with Ochako quickly confirming.

"Alright then, wanna go to the mall tomorrow, at like 12 maybe 1 in the afternoon?" Izuku asks making Ochako even more surprised.

'He sounds more comfortable.' Ochako thinks to herself while smiling.

"Yeah sure, should we meet up there or?" She says but Izuku quickly interrupts.

"You still got a bike?" He asks her.

"Uh yeah I got a new one last year, why?" Ochako asks and hears Izuku chuckle.

"I'll be at your place at 12:30 tomorrow is that cool?" Izuku says once again surprising Ochako.

"Uh, yeah that's cool I'll see you then." Ochako says before Izuku says goodbye and hangs up.

'Well I guess he's just full of surprises...' Ochako thinks while laying on her bed.

Izuku on the other hand was walking down to a local bike shop. He told his mom about going out with Ochako after he went to the gym with the football team and she approved of him walking to the shop.

He walks into the bike shop and starts looking through the options.

"Midoriya?" A familiar voice says from behind him.

He looks to the cash register and sees his old friend.

"Ojiro? You work here?" He says surprised to see someone his age working already.

"Yeah, I got this job over the summer." Ojiro responds while smiling.

Izuku walks to the counter and the two shake hands.

"It's been hella long dude, where ya been?" He asks Izuku.

"I moved outta town but came back late this summer, got into U.A as well." Izuku says smiling as he puts his hands down to his side.

"Oh shit, really? I got in too!" Ojiro says making Izuku smile.

"Sick man, you playing any sports?" Izuku asks while looking at bikes with Ojiro next to him.

"Yeah I'm just gonna play soccer later in the year." Ojiro responds while Izuku starts to walk again.

"You?" He asks Izuku.

"I'm playing football bro, haven't played in a long time but I got onto the team as a starter wide receiver." Izuku says looking over to ojiro with a grin.

"Sick bro, anyways what kinda bike are you looking for?" Ojiro asks Izuku.

"I'm lookin for a normal bike to be honest, just need it to go to the gym and back, nothing special." Izuku says while ojiro nods and walks toward a rack of bikes.

"Any specific color?" Ojiro asks while Izuku walks up to him.

"Nah, I don't really care, maybe a darker color though." Izuku says while looking on the rack.

"This one's nice." Ojiro says pulling out a black bike, perfect size for Izuku.

"I'll take it." Izuku says falling in love with the bike.

"How much is it?" Izuku asks while ojiro goes to the register.

"89.99" Ojiro says making Izuku's brows raise.

"Dont worry, I'll lower it by 20." Ojiro whispers and Izuku nods with a smile.

"Thanks bro." Izuku says taking out cash and putting it on the counter.

"That'll be 69.99" Ojiro says making both of them smirk.

"Nice" They say in unison while Izuku pays.

"Alright thank you." Izuku says laughing a bit.

"I got you, and you're all set, thanks for coming. I'll see you in school yeah?" Ojiro says while Izuku takes the bike.

"Yup, see you around!" Izuku says while leaving.

Izuku makes sure he has everything and rips the tags off of the bike before riding it back home.

He got home and layed in his bed, the time was 8:30 but he was wiped out. He closed his eyes and smiled.

'Tomorrow is gonna be great!'