Chapter 97: Fiery Passion

I've been reading Tokyo Ghoul the past 2 days. I'm already on chapter 98 (as of starting this chapter) and I really like it. I haven't and will not watch the anime after hearing about how shit it is but the manga is really good. (I just finished writing this chapter about an hour after starting it, and in between then and now I've gotten to chapter 108 of Tokyo Ghoul. It's really good)

It was the end of the fourth quarter. The game ended with a score of 43-42.

U.A lost.

The team was in the locker room. It was quiet. Kota felt tears trying to leave his eyes.

The light brown haired boy had caught the ball to secure their win, getting the two point conversion they needed with only 45 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

There was no miracle play, U.A lost. They were beat by a team that didn't even have their star player. Instead, that damned brown haired boy.

"Boys, we might not have made it to the championships, but we had one damn good season." Coach Yagi told the boys who all looked at him.

"Next season, we'll win. For sure." Bakugo grit his teeth.

Kota left the locker room without saying anything. Eri met him outside of the school.

"Kota...I'm sorry it went like this." Eri said to the boy as he walked up to her and leaned his head on her shoulder.

Kota stayed silent. The tears in his eyes slowly started to stream down his face. He breathed in heavily and sighed.

"I'll be fine...I just can't believe that's how it ended." Kota mumbled as he held onto Eri as if his life depended on it.

"<You're very passionate aren't you.>"

Kota and Eri both looked over and saw the light brown haired boy standing alone.

Kota backed off of Eri and sniffled as he wiped his nose with his sleeve.

"<You said you wanted to talk after the game didn't you. What is it you want?>" Kota asks the boy who sighs.

"<I want to propose something to you. Alone.>" The boy says and Kota raises a brow.

He turns back to Eri. "Hey, can you wait inside? Me and this guy are gonna talk..." Kota says to Eri who nods.

"Okay..." Eri walks inside leaving the two boys alone.

"<What did you want to speak about?>" Kota asks the boy as he looks back toward him.

"Well, as you can tell I speak English." The brown haired boy switches back to Japanese and walks over, leaning his body against the school.

"And you had an American flag on your jersey, what's up with that." Kota says to the boy as he watches him.

"Yeah, I live over there." The boy laughs a bit as he blows a bubble with the gum in his mouth.

"Then why are you here?" Kota asks the boy who slowly smiles.

"Forget about that. I wanna talk about your passion for football. I mean after all we're in Japan and you look like you wanna go pro." The boy says to Kota who nods.

"I wanna go D1 then go to college in America..." Kota told the boy who grinned and stood up straight while walking toward the boy.

"Then I have a proposition." The boy said as he blew another bubble.

"Which is?" Kota asked as the boy circled him.

"How about, you transfer to my school in America next year?" The boy says making Kota's eyes widen.

"What?! Why would I do that!" Kota asked the boy who put his hands in the air.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chances for you to be noticed by American colleges is much more likely if you live in America in the first place." The boy grins as he slowly puts his hands back down.

Kota started to think.

'I could do that...' Kota thinks to himself before looking back up to the boy.

"What are you here scouting out people? The hell is this." Kota said becoming suspicious of the boy again.

"I'm here on family business. I'm going back to America around new years. I can get you a ticket back with me if you make the right choice." The boy chuckled as he walked over to the garbage and spit out his gum.

"I decided to take the opportunity while here to find some kids who I could, I guess you could say scout out." The boy laughed as he walked back up to Kota.

"So, what do you say?" The boy puts his hand out and Kota stares at him.

"I'm not convinced. Why would you randomly do this? What made you choose me out of all of the kids on my team? I mean you saw Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya. Why not choose one of them?" Kota said to the boy who clicked his tongue.

"See, Izuku Midoriya is old news. I've watched him play before online, don't get me wrong he's good. Maybe even better than you." The boy told Kota who raised a brow.

"But, you have something he doesn't." The boy puts his finger on Kota's chest.

"You have a goal, you want this to be your future. I could see it in your eyes at the coin toss. This means everything to you. That's the type of person I want as my teammate." The boy grinned as Kota just continued to stare at him.

Kota closed his eyes and shook his head. "This isn't everything to me...this is my future yes." Kota opened his eyes again.

"But I have someone in my life that I love more than football..." Kota tells the boy who grins.

"That girl right?" The boy starts to laugh.

"Tell me Kota Izumi. Is that girl more important than your future?" The boy asks Kota.

"Yes, she is." Kota answers quickly and the boy stops laughing, becoming serious.

"Would she say the same? Would she want you to jeopardize your future just for her?" He shoots back and Kota feels sweat drip down his face.

"I-I don't know..." Kota mumbles.

"I wouldn't..." Eri mumbles as she appears in the door of the school.

The brown haired boy smiles and Kota looks over at the girl.

"Eri?! Didn't I ask to be alone?" Kota says to the girl who nods.

"I'm sorry but...I couldn't help but overhear." Eri said to the boy while walking out and next to Kota who sighed.

"It's fine..." Kota mumbled as he rubbed the girls head.

"Well, I've said all I need too." The light brown haired boy pulled out his phone and handed it to Kota.

"Give me your number, I'll give you mine. You can let me know when you decide. I really want you to think about this." The boy tells Kota who grabs the boys phone.

Kota pulls his phone out of his pocket and gives it to the boy after unlocking it.

The two exchange information and the boy turns around to leave.

"Was nice talking to you Kota Izumi." The boy started to wave.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" Kota said to the boy who laughed and turned to look at him with a grin on his face.

"Katsuma Shimano."