Chapter 116: School Tour

Kota followed Melissa as she started to show him around the school. From the cafeteria to the auditorium. Where all the classrooms were, where the lockers were, everything he could know he now knew about the place.

"This school is massive..." Kota mumbled and Melissa giggled. "Yeah, it's pretty big. Not even the biggest on in California though." Melissa told the boy as she adjusted her glasses.

"Wow...by the way I've been meaning to ask." Kota says to Melissa who looks back to him while still walking.

"What's up?" She asks the boy who chuckled.

"I'm just wondering, why do you know Japanese but your father barely does?" Kota asks the girl who slowly down to a stop.

"Well...when I was younger I wanted to move to Japan. My mother always loved Sakura trees." Melissa told the boy while smiling.

"Oh..." Kota got down a bit.

"Wait! No she isn't dead! She just isn't home now, she's always caught up in work. So I always wanted to take her out of her work and bring her to Japan. So when I went into middle school they offered Japanese and I've taken it since then." Melissa laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, okay. Good, I got scared that I might've brought up a touchy subject." Kota laughed as he scratched the back of his head.

"No,no, it's alright. Just something I aspire to do someday." Melissa smiled at the boy.

Kota nodded.

"Oh uh, can I also ask what year you're in?" Kota asks the girl as he follows her toward a glass door.

"I'm in my junior year. 11th grade, and before you ask because I have a feeling you will. I just turned 17 in October." Melissa giggled as she stopped at the door.

"Okay cool, and yeah that would've been my next question." Kota admitted before looking to the door.

"Where are we now?" Kota asked as he stared at the door.

"I was told you want to play football. This season is over but next season, you'll be playing here." Melissa opens the door and outside is a massive football field. It looked more like an actual stadium than U.A's field.

"Woah..." Kota mumbled as he walked out of the door and looked around.

"Cool right? Biggest high school football field in all of California." Melissa laughed as she followed Kota outside.

"Yeah...really cool." Kota answered while still in awe.

"Also! Over there." Melissa pointed to the left and Kota followed her hand.

"A baseball field as well." Melissa grinned as she watched the boy light up again.

"There's so much space!" Kota said before looking up on the roof. There he saw somebody.

"Who's that?" Kota asks Melissa who looked up at the boy on the roof. She then sighed.

"<Rody you have to get down from there>!" Melissa said to the boy with auburn colored hair.

The boy was lying on his back staring at the sun.

"<Nah I'm good>" He answered without even looking down at the girl.

Melissa sighed.

"<Dude I'll have to get my dad to come get you. Do you really wanna be suspended again? Especially on our first day back.>" Melissa said to the boy who groaned before sitting up.

His feet hung off of the building as he looked down at Melissa and Kota. He raised a brow at Kota but didn't say anything as he stood up.

"<Snitch.>" Rody said to Melissa before walking to the other side of the roof and sliding down a metal pipe.

"<I let you get away with more than enough you know that.>" Melissa said to the boy who ignored her and walked past the two.

"<Whatever, bye.>" Rody said before entering the school leaving both Melissa and Kota alone.

"Who's that...?" Kota asked Melissa who sighed.

"He's Rody Soul. He's, quiet, doesn't really talk to many people if any at all." Melissa tells the boy as a chill rolls down both of their spines.

"Okay I think it's time to go inside, it's getting colder." Melissa said as she rubbed her hands together.

Kota nodded in agreement and the two both went inside. Kota shivered a bit and held his arms around himself.

'If only Eri was here.' He thought to himself while smiling, remembering how the two would be more physical during the cold.

His smile slowly turned to a frown.He was missing her bad, it had only been a week and a few days since he got to America but still, it hit different.

"Alright, now that you know what's going on. You can go to class." Melissa chuckled as she turned to the boy.

"Uh yeah...thanks for showing me around I appreciate it." Kota forced a smile and the girl nodded.

"Of course! I'll see you around Kota!" Melissa said before turning away and walking toward the principals office.

"See ya'" Kota replied before pulling out his phone and looking at his schedule.

He sighed, first period was almost over so he'd be pretty late. Luckily the principal gave him a late pass.

Kota walked around the school until he reached his classroom. He slowly opened the door and everyone's heads shot to him.

The teacher looked over to him and lit up. She walked over to the boy and beckoned him to follow her to the front of the class.

"<You must be Kota!>" The teacher said with a smile as she reached her hand out to shake his.

"<Yeah, hi.>" Kota replied before shaking the woman's hand.

"<You can sit in that seat back there.>" The woman pointed to a seat in the back of the room.

Kota nodded and did so, the teacher followed close behind. Once Kota sat down the teacher kneeled down to his desk.

"<There is someone in this class that speaks Japanese, so if you don't understand something you can ask them okay?>" The teacher says to the boy who nods.

"<Who is it?>" Kota asks the woman who sighs.

"<He's in the bathroom, bud once he's back he'll he right next to you.>" The woman says before standing straight up and smiling.

Kota just nods as the teacher walks back to her desk.

She starts to write on the whiteboard, continuing her lesson. Kota followed along kind of well, only messing up a few times but correcting himself soon after. A few seconds before the bell rang the door to the room opened.

"<Sorry teach, I got lost.>" The boy entered the room with a grin.

It was the same boy that Melissa had found on the roof earlier, he was the one who was gonna help Kota?!

'How is he gonna help me if he skips classes...' Kota was dissatisfied.

'If I remember, then his name is.' Kota thought to himself as the boy walked up to him and put out a hand with a grin.

"Rody Soul. Nice to meet you, Kota."