Chapter 118: Grub

"Hey!" Eri said as she answered her phone.

"Hey Eri, if I got the time right you should be at lunch right?" Kota asks the girl who giggles.

"Yup! Perfect timing." She told the boy who sighed in relief.

"Good, didn't wanna call at the wrong time." Kota chuckled before Eri felt her phone buzz, she looked at it and saw that Kota was requesting a FaceTime.

She tried to answer it but she didn't have wifi at the school so it didn't work.

"Ugh..." She groaned and Kota chuckled.

"No WiFi huh." He says to the girl who sighs.

"Yup, so annoying." Eri mumbled but the boy laughed again.

"Don't worry about it, even if I don't get to see your face you voice is enough to suffice." Kota laughed before he realized how wrong that sounded.

"L-like suffice my need to talk to you...uh..." Kota corrected himself leaving Eri confused.

"I don't see why you'd need to change what you said but cool." Eri giggled as she sat down on some steps that lead up to a door into the school.

"So, how was school? I know you started today." Eri asks Kota.

"Ahhh, well, it was cool. There's a guy who's helping me out since he also speaks Japanese and English." Kota tells the girl.

"Ooh! What's his name?" Eri asks and Kota chuckles.

"Rody Soul, he seems cool, but he also seems like he's got a grudge against everyone he runs into, including me." Kota shrugged as he sat on his bed.

"I mean, maybe you should try and become friendly with him. Wouldn't hurt right?" Eri says to the boy.

"I mean that's the plan, I don't need any animosity in my life you know." Kota yawned a bit and Eri giggled.

"I get it." Eri said as she stopped giggling.

"So, you got food?" Kota asks the girl who hums.

"Mhm, my mom made me a bento box." Eri replied as she chewed on a rice ball.

Kota laughed. "I'd totally be stealing some from you right now." He told the girl who giggled.

"Oh I know, I've been missing you a lot but now I get full meal's to myself." Eri continued to giggle and Kota laughed.

"I'll be back during the summer so don't get used to that luxury for too long." Kota told the girl who shook her head while smiling.

"It's a small price to pay don't worry." She said before a small silence fell between the two.

They both had smiles on their faces, even though they couldn't be in the same place just being on call made it better. Even if not physically together, the online presence sufficed for now.

After a few seconds Kota spoke up again.

"Oh uh, did Midoriya and Uraraka get back safe?" Kota asked and Eri looked over to the two teens who were smiling and laughing with the rest of the group.

"Yeah they're good, still can't believe Izuku got to do all of that in America." Eri said as she continued to look at Izuku and Ochako.

"It's crazy right! I mean have you checked his socials? Over here in America he's like, big." Kota told Eri who giggled.

"Not over here, I mean people know him of course but even now no one is coming up to him." Eri said as she stared at izuku who noticed her staring and waved with a smile on his face.