Chapter 21:Expressing Emotions

The two arrived at Izuku's house. Inko was in the living room watching TV when they burst through the front door.

"Izuku is that you?" Inko asked from behind the wall separating the living room and entry.

"Yeah mom!" Izuku flew around the corner and ran over to his mother, giving her a bear hug as soon as she stood up.

"Woah what seems to have you in such a good mood?!" Inko questions while Izuku backs off and smiles at her.

"We're going to the championship!" Izuku exclaimed while turning back to see Ochako walking up behind him with an equally large smile.

"That's amazing!" Inko's eyes light up in excitement.

"Hi Inko." Ochako waves and Inko smiles back at her.

"Hello Ochako!" Inko retorts still smiling.

"Anyways mom we're gonna go in my room and watch a movie!" Izuku skittishly states while turning back to Ochako.

"Okay guys I'll see you both in a little while." Inko sits back down in her chair as both the teenagers walk into Izuku's room.

Once Izuku closes the door his demeanor changes slightly. His smile gets smaller and he sits down on his bed.

"So, the whole Shinso thing huh..." Izuku rubbed his hands together as if he were trying to warm them.

Ochako sat next to her boyfriend and took his hands into hers.

"I would like an explanation if you're comfortable with that..." Ochako smiles at him doing her best to make him comfortable.

"You weren't there when Shinso scolded me? You started holding my hand so I thought you saw..." Izuku squeezes down on her hand with a sly smile.

"I'm sorry I didn't, really it's okay if you don't wanna..." Ochako shifts her legs crossing them on his bed.

"Well Shinso told me we went to middle school together, I knew he looked familiar but didn't know from where." Izuku chuckles to himself a bit before clearing his throat.

"Apparently he tried to become friends with me, but as you know I was going through a really rough time...with my dad and all, so I didn't notice him and ignored him. So he was angry at me for that and I had no clue. Earlier this year I had fought with people from his old middle school he went to before the one we went to together. So that also pissed him off..." Izuku gets quiet while staring into space.

"I don't think thats all of your fault Izuku, you couldn't change how you felt back then. Of course you fighting those Shiketsu kids really wasn't good but we cant go back and change what happened." Ochako rubs her thumb on his knuckle.

"Sometimes it's just hard...everything is." Izuku glances at Ochako who nods.

"Once we make it through these hard times we will flourish as people, I know that for a fact." Ochako smiles at Izuku and he can't help but smile back.

Izuku nodded while squeezing Ochako's hands a bit.

"I can do it..." Izuku mutters to himself with Ochako squeezing his hands back.

"Of course you can, and I'll be with you every step of the way." Izuku looks up at Ochako before leaning over onto her shoulder.

"You better be." Izuku smiles and Ochako giggles.

A knock on the door startles the two of them.

"Hey you two, want popcorn?" Inko asks from the other side of the door.

Izuku and Ochako look at eachother before laughing a bit.

"Yeah mom I'd appreciate it!" Izuku reply's before hearing Inko walk down the hall.

"Let's find a movie now." Ochako says turning on the TV and getting on Netflix.

A few hours later the movie had ended and Ochako was going to go home.

"Thank you for letting me stay so late." Ochako bowed to Inko.

"Of course sweetie.are you sure you don't wanna stay overnight? Izuku can sleep on the couch." Inko smiles with Izuku making a face from behind her.

Ochako chuckles.

"Don't worry about it, my moms expecting me tonight so I gotta go." Ochako walks to the door and starts to open it.

"Bye Izuku, I'll see you soon." Ochako waves to Izuku who smiles and waves back.

Inko walks down the stairs and walks out with Ochako.

"Hey sweetie can I talk to you for a minute?" Inko says closing the door behind her and Ochako.

"Yes, is something wrong?" Ochako nervously asks the woman.

Inko smiles and shakes her head no.

"I just wanted to thank you. I heard you and izuku's conversation earlier." Inko admits with Ochako's eyes widening.

"O-oh, yeah...you don't need to thank me..." Ochako stuttered.

"No really, I haven't been mentally there since losing Hisashi and I haven't realized the burden I put on him...I love my son, and I'm happy he found a girl who he loves and can trust. Thank you for being there for him." Inko starts to tear up.

"Inko...don't cry." Ochako says frowning and walking toward Inko bringing her into a hug.

"Thank you for raising a son like him, even with all he's been through he never treats me wrong. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend." Ochako pats inko's back as she cries.

"I better let you go now." Inko says releasing herself from Ochako's arms and wiping her eyes.

Ochako smiles and nods.

"I'll be off then, thanks for the popcorn." Ochako giggles.

Inko laughs and waves as Ochako leaves the front yard and walks home.

Inko walks back inside and goes back to watching TV.

Once Ochako got home she took a shower and layed in her bed.

Izuku lays on his bed breathing heavily. He switched the TV to his favorite show.

He had just finished running back to his room after eaves dropping on Ochako and his mothers conversation. He was happy his mom approved of Ochako even thought it was a given. A thought came to his mom.

'I guess shes where I get my eavesdropping from as well...' Izuku laughs to himself before going to sleep.