Chapter 18:Halloween Disaster

It was now Halloween. Izuku made the right decision and chose against smoking or drinking again, even if the after parties made it tempting. Sadly he didn't make the decision to curb his anger, he would get into fights with his teammates even just for fun. He wasn't used to being powerful so he ended up taking advantage of it like so many people did to him. He wasn't a bully but he was a dickhead.

There was a Halloween party tonight, of course since Izuku had quickly become the star wide receiver he was invited. They were still undefeated and Bakugo and Izuku were highly praised. Both had become an unlikely duo even outside of sports which surprised their friends who knew the two didn't like each other when they were younger.

Ochako had been doing well, her and izuku's relationship was going great. She was head over heels for him and he felt the same. Yet she Still she sensed something was wrong with Izuku.

He seemed fake, he was hiding something and she knew, she just didn't know what was going on. She didn't know that izuku's mindset was changing.

His grades were still good but now instead of skipping because of anxiety he'd just skip to go to the gym or hang out with a friends. If he wasn't borderline genius, he'd be flunking out.

Izuku knew deep down what he was turning into wasn't what he wanted to be. He was desperate to keep this image because he'd finally found a distraction from his anguish.

He knew getting a girlfriend and having his old friends wouldn't make him get over his middle school years and his fathers passing. He was lost in that department.

Still, he went through with dumb shit. When his friends would drink he'd pretend to, this lead to them sometimes breaking laws besides underage drinking. Since He was 15 a few of his friends were getting their licenses. He knew if he got behind the wheel while drunk it could end bad. He wasn't gonna let himself die, he knew his mother couldn't handle that. After all that was the only reason he stuck around.

He felt partially responsible to take over the role of "man of the house" but his depression prevented him from doing that. Also because he was under 16 most places wouldn't except his applications when he tried to get a job.

7:00 pm rolled around, the time Izuku was going out to the Halloween party. He walked outside and saw Bakugo standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"What took you so long?" Bakugo says smiling in his usual mischievous way.

"Aye man it's not my fault you decided to show up 20 minutes early." Izuku responds laughing a bit while putting up his hands.

Bakugo rolls his eyes.

"Let's go." He says turning away from Izuku and walking down the homes front steps.

Izuku smirks while following Bakugo into his car.

"So where's the party at?" Izuku asks while they exit his driveway.

"Kirishima's place, like 20 minutes away." Bakugo says responding while starting the ignition.

Katsuki was already 16, so he had his juniors license. He had waited a year to go to U.A so he'd be in the same freshman class as his friends were.

"Uraraka gonna go?" Katsuki asks Izuku as they pull out of izuku's driveway.

"Lemme call her." Izuku says taking his phone out of his pocket.

He calls her and she quickly answers.

"Hey Izuku what's up?" She asks with her smile radiating through the phone.

"Hey beautiful, you goin to Kirishima's party?" Izuku says making Katsuki scoff.

"Uh I wasn't planning on it no? Should I?" Ochako asks Izuku.