Chapter 30:The Back Up

"Hey where's izuku?" Ochako asked Bakugo as he neared the table again.

"He'll be back in a minute don't worry." Bakugo sat back down and started to eat again.

Izuku walked back to the table, he was silent and had a gloomy look on his face. He was hiding his anger.

Ochako looked at him as he went to eat.

His hand was shaking uncontrollably.

Ochako's eyes widened. This hadn't happened in a long time, the worried girl was now even more anxious about what was going on.

"Damnit!" Kaminari says from the other side of the table.

Almost everyone looks at him.

"What's up Denki?" Jiro asks the boy who looks over to her with a frown.

"Our lead singer is out...we were gonna perform at the dance but he just cancelled." Kaminari put his hands on his head.

"Ugh!" Jiro also put her hands on her head.

The two were in a band, jiro got kaminari into it as the two got closer over the months since school started.

"Tamaki backed out?!" Nejire looked at the two and they both nodded.

Nejire puffed her cheeks.

"I'll be right back." Nejire got up and walked away.

"We're gonna need a new lead...for this performance at least." Jiro mumbles.

Kaminari looks around the table.

"Anyone wanna sing at the dance?" Kaminari scanned the table.

Izuku sighed and took a bite of his food.

"Deku will do it!" Bakugo said making izuku almost spit out his food.

"What!" Izuku almost yelled.

"Really! Thanks Midoriya." Jiro and Kaminari thanked the boy.

Izuku glared at Bakugo.

"No problem." Izuku turned to Jiro and Kaminari who were still smiling at him.

'Asshole.' Izuku looks back to Bakugo who had a smirk on his face.

"Ok so, meet us in the gym after school! We'll show you everyone and what song you're gonna sing and stuff." Kaminari tells izuku who nods.

"Got it, I'll be there." Izuku continues to nod.

'I haven't sung anything since I was in middle school...hopefully my voice doesn't suck.' Izuku thinks to himself completely forgetting that he himself didn't volunteer for the role.

Lunch ends and Ochako waves goodbye to izuku as she runs to her next class.

"So why the hell did you do that!" Izuku looks to Bakugo who smirks.

"Maybe a singing gig will get your mind off of people who hate you. Plus if you're at school late the people looking for you will think you weren't in school at all. I'll just stick around and drive you back to my place after it and stuff." Bakugo punches a Izuku's shoulder.

It annoyed izuku that what he said made sense, and that it seemed like he did it out of a pure place in his heart.

"Also seeing your reaction was funny!" Bakugo laughs at Izuku while walking toward his class.

'And there it is.' Izuku sighs before walking to class.

School ends as quickly as it started and izuku walks toward the gym with Ochako.

"You sure you're gonna be alright? You've been acting off all day." Ochako asks izuku as they walk.

"Yeah I'll be fine, I promise." Izuku looks at Ochako and smiles.

"Well alright, I'll talk to you later." Ochako hesitated before smiling back.

"Alright, talk to you later." Izuku waves to Ochako as she backs up.

"I love you." Ochako smiles and walks out of the doors leaving izuku alone.

Izuku's smile leaves.

'Let's get this over with.' He walks into the gym and sees the band all standing on a little stage.

"Midoriya! Glad you could make it!" Kaminari walks up to the boy and fist bumps him.

"Yeah, no problem." Izuku mumbles back with a fake smile.

He was still incredibly anxious and paranoid. It freaked him out.

"Anyways, here's the crew!" Kaminari pointed over to a group of only Jiro.

Including Kaminari there were 4 members only 2 stood in the gym.

"Hey Midoriya!" Jiro waved at the boy who waved back.

"Jiro does the guitar, same as me." Kaminari tells izuku who looks around.

"Where's the rest of them?" Izuku asks making Kaminari immediately get into a depressed mood.

"Well, Tamaki our lead singer will be here, but he's just gonna be here to help you get the songs down. Bakugo on the other hand is late as per usual." Kaminari says making izuku's eyes widen.

"Bakugo's apart of this?!" He asks as the gym door busts open.

Kaminari and izuku turn around to see Bakugo walking though the door with a boy being dragged behind him.

"I got him." Bakugo grinned as if he just caught a Pokémon.

"Bakugo you're in this band?!" Izuku almost yells, surprised at the revelation.

Bakugo nods.

"I'm the drummer, it's a hobby of mine." Bakugo tells the boy while dragging the kid he had with him toward the group.

"Hey Tamaki!" Jiro greeted the dark blue haired boy.

"H-hey..." Tamaki shyly replied with his head down.

"He's Tamaki?" Izuku looked at the boy surprised.

'He's the lead yet he can barely greet someone without stuttering...' izuku thought to himself.

"Now you might be thinking! He's the lead yet he can barely greet someone without stuttering?!" Kaminari says making izuku feel as if his mind had just been read.

"BUT!" Kaminari continues.

"This dude here has got the voice of an angel! And when he really gets into it it's like he's a completely different guy!" Kaminari jumps up a bit stoked at the raw talent that Tamaki had.

"Uh huh..." izuku looked at the shy boy who nervously looked back.

Izuku put his hand out.

"Izuku Midoriya, I'll be the temporary lead singer." Izuku smiles at the shy boy.

He wanted to be nice because a part of izuku resonated with Tamaki's shyness.

Tamaki held out his hand and shook izuku's.

"Tamaki Amajiki...I'll be helping you out so you don't mess up..." Tamaki quietly introduced himself.

"And now that the gangs all here, let's get started!" Jiro said from over at the setup they had.

Bakugo grinned and walked up to izuku wrapping his arm around izuku's shoulder.

"Hear that Deku! Let's get it done!"