Chapter 39:Little Bit of an Explanation

Izuku walked down his street and across from his house saw someone standing there.

"Uhm? Hi do you need anything?" He asked the girl who turned and looked at him.

"Izuku..." The girl smiled and Izuku was taken back.

"I doubt you remember me..." The girl put out her hand.

"Himiko Toga, we went to middle school together."

Izuku looked at her with a confused expression, she was right he didn't recognize her at all. He put his hand out and hesitated before shaking it.

"I guess he got you good." Toga continued while looking at Izuku's bruised lip.

"Huh? Wait." Izuku backed up and looked around.

"You know Shigaraki?" Izuku asked the girl who nodded.

"I'm sorry he did that...he's a troubled kid." Toga nervously scratched the back of her neck.

"I could tell..." Izuku didn't let his guard down. Toga giggled. "We've both changed a lot since I've last seen you."

Izuku stared at the girl, confused at her intentions.

"Could you explain where we knew each other? And maybe how you knew where I lived?!" Izuku asked, the second question coming to his head as he spoke.

"Word spreads when it's someone like you." Toga says chuckling lightly as she sits down on the sidewalk.

"We knew eachother in middle school. Well, I wouldn't say know eachother but I knew some things about you." Toga started playing with her hair.

"We sat next to eachother in the third year of middle school. You were really quiet and had the reputation of a weirdo...but I never listened to that." Toga looked up at the boy who was now thinking.

"I figured you wouldn't recognize me..." Toga stood up back to her feet and started playing with her hair. The buns fell out of place and her hair fell down to the middle of her back.

"I never wore my hair back, also I had black hair then. So even if you don't recognize me from just putting it down I can't blame you." Toga chuckled as a small blush appeared on her face.

"I'm sorry but yeah...I don't recognize you." Izuku quietly mumbled.

Toga laughed a bit while going to put her hair back up. "Well, we never really talked, you were always in your own world back then." Toga finishes putting her hair back into buns.

"Yeah..." Izuku mumbled remembering how miserable he was back then.

"Well, I know why, and I won't pester you to explain it. It's become pretty well known with people who don't like you." Toga says making izuku's eyebrow raise.

"What do you mean? Wait do you know Inasa?!" Izuku asks the girl once again looking around.

Toga nods. "I do, but we aren't really friends. I'd go as far as to say I don't like him." Toga closes her eyes and looks down.

"Don't worry, I don't want you hurt like they do. I just wanted to come by to apologize for Shigaraki's actions." Toga bowed down and izuku just looked on.

"Why?" He says to the girl surprising her.

"What do you mean..." Toga looked at the boy who clenched his fists.

"Why do you care if you're friends with them?" Izuku says to the girl who half-smiles.

"If you want me to be honest...I don't know." Toga lied with izuku just scoffing.