Chapter 102: Shimura

Tenko walked up to an apartment complex with a smile and two boxes in his hands. He went up the flights of stairs and reached the number he needed to get to.

He used his elbow to ring the doorbell as he didn't have a hand free to do so. A few seconds passed by before the door was opened up.

"Tenko!" The woman who answered smiled and took one of the gifts in his hands and turned around.

"Mom he's here!" She called out, Tenko's mom walked into view and her eyes lit up.

"Tenko I'm so happy you could make it!" Tenko's mom speed walked up to the boy and hugged him.

"Awe my sweet boy I missed you so much!" The woman smiled as Tenko hugged her back.

"I missed you too mom. Glad to see you're doing better." Tenko smiled as his mother backed away and nodded.

"I'm glad to see you're doing good." His mother shot back as she giggled and walked into the apartment.

"Hana, how's college?" Tenko asks his older sister who exhales.

"It's tough, but, I'm making do." The woman answered as she put one of the present's Tenko had brought under the small Christmas tree.

"Good to hear." Tenko laughed a bit as he put the other present under the tree.

"Hey, are you gonna help me with dinner Tenko?" Hana asks the boy as he stands up straight.

"Dude, you know I suck at cooking." Tenko gave his sister a dirty look and she rolled her eyes.

"You'll never get a girlfriend if you can't even cook for yourself." The girl looks over to the fridge.

Tenko chuckles. "Actually, I already have a girlfriend!" He says with a smug grin.

Hana's eyes shoot over to him. "What?! Before me! Oh come on!" She complained as she animatedly leaned her head against the fridge.

Their mom giggled. "How is she? She doing alright?" His mom asked him.

"She's been good, I finally convinced her to visit her family since I was visiting mine. So I'm hoping that will go well." Tenko said as he sat down on the couch next to his mom.

"Well, wish her well for me." His mother said with a grin.

Tenko smiled as he pulled out his phone. It was close to dinner time, Himiko had texted him a bunch in the early morning but not since she had gotten to her house.

*hey, is everything going okay?* He texted her before going into his camera roll to look for the pictures they took for homecoming.

He found the picture of him and Himiko from right before homecoming. Even from just the picture he could remember how desperately he wanted to be a real couple at that point. He was so happy that later that night his wish came true.

He smiled as he turned his phone to his mother. "This was us right before homecoming." He said to the woman who put her glasses to the bridge of her nose while taking the phone.

"Wow! She's gorgeous!" His mother said as her eyebrows raised a bit.

"Oh! Let me see!" Hana rushed over and took the phone out of her mother's hand.

"This is your girlfriend?! How the hell dude!" Hana looked to Tenko who grinned.

"I guess I'm just that good." Tenko shrugged and his mother chuckled.

"Oh she texted you!" Hana said as she read the message.

"It was really good, exclamation point, is there any way we can meet up tonight? I want you to meet him properly." Hana reads out and Tenko's brows raise up slightly.

"Who's she want you to meet?" Hana asked as she handed the phone back to Tenko.

"Her father." Tenko said as he opened up Himiko's message.

*you sure you want that to happen? I mean after what happened in February* Tenko messaged the girl.

She immediately started typing again.

*he wants to meet you! Me and him are good now I'm gonna start living at home, so if you wanna come see me at all you guys are gonna have to get along lol* She messaged and Tenko shook his head a bit.

*im with my mom and my sister right now is there any way we can postpone?* Tenko asked and it was immediately read.

•••

*he said you could all come over and have dinner with us if you'd like!* Himiko texted after a minute.

Tenko looked up to Hana and his mother who were both looking back at him.

"She's asking if we'd all like to have dinner at her house..." Tenko told the two women.

"That sounds nice." His mother said with a smile.

"I didn't get too far into dinner so if they don't mind us eating at their house, I'll get to meet your girlfriend too." Hana flexed her eyebrows with a smirk.

"Don't get any ideas." Tenko chuckled as he stood up.

*were good with that! You need any more food? My sister was cooking so we can bring some if you'd like.* Tenko texted Himiko with a grin on his face.

"Continue cooking." Tenko told his sister with a smirk.

"Huh?! Why!" Hana asked as she walked over to the boy who heard a ding from his phone.

He looked down and saw Himiko's response.

*we would appreciate that!* she replied.

Tenko showed Hana his phone and she read the message of him offering them to bring food.

She wasn't impressed as she gained an annoyed expression on her face.

"You're annoying." Hana rolled her eyes and Tenko laughed.

"It's my job as your little brother." The boy continued to laugh as Hana continued to cook the food.

"Whatever you say." The girl rolled her eyes and Tenko shook his head while looking back to his mom.

"You good to go right? Just wanna make sure." Tenko's asks his mother who giggles and nods.

"Of course, if I wasn't I would've told you." She tells the boy who smiles and nods.

"Good." He says before turning to his sister and smiling.

"HURRY UP HANA!"