Chapter 90: Back in School

Almost missed a chapter for today. lol.

Izuku walked into school with a smile on his face. His suspension was finally up. It was now the middle of October.

"So, you excited to be back?" Ochako asked as she walked next to the boy.

"Hell yeah, football's gonna be great. For once I'm actually worried about my grades though. Didn't really keep up over the month." Izuku said to the girl as he walked to her to her first class.

"I can try and help you out. I'm not as quote end quote. Gifted. As you, but I can give it a shot." Ochako shrugged and izuku smiled.

"I'm down for that. Depends on what class though since I'm in advanced math. Maybe I'll ask Eri for help there." Izuku thought out loud.

"She's really smart. Gotta be a Midoriya thing." Ochako said to the boy who snorted.

"Guess so, we're just too good." He brushed imaginary dust off of his shoulders mocking a celebration.

Ochako giggled as the two neared her class. "I'll see you at lunch?" She asked the boy who nodded.

"Of course. Love you." Izuku said as he started to turn away.

"Love you too." She replied before walking into class.

Once the first half of the day ended everyone went to lunch. Eri and Kota had slowly started to hang around the lunch table more often as they had both gotten closer with the rest of the group.

"Eri!" Eri turned around a her and Kota walked toward lunch.

Izuku walked toward the two. "Oh what's up izuku?" Eri asked the boy as he stopped in front of them.

"Hey kid, you're good at math right?" Izuku asks the girl who nods. "I am, why do you ask." Eri questions the boy who pulls out his phone.

"Missing assignment..." She reads out loud.

"FIFTY SEVEN! WHAT THE HELL!" Eri yelled before Kota covered her mouth with his hand.

"Bro how did that many pile up? Weren't you keeping up outside of school?" Kota asked the boy who laughed.

"About that..." He mumbled as Eri took Kota's hand off of her face.

"Dude 57 missing assignments is insane! How the hell are you gonna catch up?!" Eri asked the boy who smirked.

"The Midoriya's that's how! And by that I mean." Izuku paused as he looked down and put his hands up in the air.

"Eri please help me catch up!" He started to beg.

Kota tried not to laugh at the boy. He failed as he started to chuckle.

Eri sighed. "I can help you but I'm not gonna do them for you. I thought you were good at math why didn't you do it all already?" She asks the boy who sighs.

"I was...busy while suspended." He answered clearly lying.

When he wasn't hanging out with Ochako he was either at the gym or sleeping. It was a vicious cycle that left him sore as hell every night. Even now he was still incredibly sore.

"Jeez...yeah I'll help." Eri repeats herself while nodding.

"Thank you! You're a life saver!" Izuku thanked the girl while smiling.

Izuku ran past Eri and Kota, into the lunch room.

"I really thought he was like, naturally gifted in school..." Kota mumbled unintentionally insulting the boy.

"To be fair, I'd probably do the same he did." Eri shrugged as she started to walk toward the lunch room with Kota following close behind.

Izuku sat at the lunch table. "Welcome back Deku." Bakugo smirked at the boy. Their season in football had been going decently well since the first games disaster. They were 6-3 for the season. Already more losses than the season previous, but they were still in contention for the playoffs.

"Practice today, game tomorrow. If we win tomorrow, it's playoffs. If we lose. It's not playoffs and our season is over. Okay?" Bakugo starts as he explains the situation to izuku and the rest of the team.

"Yeah, we got this man." Shoto said with a grin.

Shoto looked over to Izuku and Kota.

'Im definitely getting benched.' He thought to himself with a small chuckle.

Shoto would be butt hurt but he honestly didn't care. Being benched meant he could talk to Momo more. They had been together for a while now. Almost 9 months, and since football had started again they had less time to talk.

"It's gonna be awesome." Kota had a determined look on his face.

Eri smiles at the boy. Kota even though they hadn't won every game, never lost any of his confidence.

"Oh by the way Deku, you are coming back. Like it's not a choice if you don't I'll kick the shit out of you." Bakugo said in an ominously casual tone.

Izuku started to laugh as he nodded. "Maybe I shouldn't come back just so I could see you try." He shot back at the boy.

Bakugo grinned. "Back like you never left." He told the boy who nodded as he put his fists on the table.

"Like hell I'd leave for good." Izuku told the boys who all grinned at him.

"You better be ready because we never stopped going hard. We're gonna work you to the bone." Kota told izuku who smirked.

"You're acting as if I've been gone for years. Come on have some faith in me." Izuku shrugged.

"Nah you're gonna be washed. I bet I'll even do better than you." Kota says to the boy his competitive spirit showing up for the first time in what felt like a long time. Everything with Eri had really gotten him more mello.

Izuku laughed. "Oh really? Well a washed me is still better than you. I mean, I never lost 3 games in a season." He shrugged as he had an arrogant look on his face.

"And I've never quit the team. Guess there has to be a first time for everything right?" Kota smirked.

If the two weren't good friends this definitely would've ticked izuku off. But luckily they were good friends by this point.

"Well I'm ready for this then. May the better man perform better." Izuku put out his hand and Kota grabbed it.

"Don't get too sad when you lose." Kota bickered to the boy who laughed.

"Don't worry." Izuku smirked.

"I don't think I'll have to worry about that."