Chapter 13:Rival

It was the beginning of the game, it was the U.A Underdogs vs the Shiketsu Stars. In its past U.A was mostly known for academics and never had the best sports team. Shiketsu on the other hand was 2nd to U.A in academics but the best at sports. To say Coach Yagi was nervous would be an understatement.

Shoto was on the special team to return the ball after they won the coin toss. He managed to get to his own 40 yard line before being tackled. Now it was time, Izuku threw on his helmet and got into position.

Shoto walked up to him and patted him on the shoulder.

"Let's kick some ass." He says with a smirk.

Izuku smiles and nods.

They both run to the other sides of the field and Bakugo looks to Izuku and nods.

Izuku nods and looks to the other teams corner back who is covering him.

He hears the signal.

"Hike!" Bakugo says.

Izuku sprints past the defender and cuts right toward the safety. Bakugo throws the ball to him and he jumps up over the safety to catch it. The landing was hard but he was okay.

"1ST DOWN U.A WHAT A START FOR U.A WITH THE FIRST FIRST DOWN OF THE SEASON IZUKU MIDORIYA!" Izuku's history teacher Mr.Yamada says while in the announcers booth.

Izuku stands up with a smile on his face while the team moves up to where he caught the ball.

They were on the 45 yard line of the other teams territory. Bakugo calls for the ball and runs back. Izuku runs 10 yards forward before cutting toward the middle down another 15. Bakugo throws the ball too him Izuku jumps up and bumps against the corner back, barely catching the ball in the process.

"ANOTHER FIRST DOWN U.A HIGH! IZUKU MIDORIYA AND KATSUKI BAKUGO ARE ON FIRE! WE BETTER MAKE SURE MIDORIYA DOESNT HAVE STICKY GLOVES AFTER THAT AMAZING CATCH!" Yamada screams into the microphone he has.

Izuku laughs to himself as the o-line sets up.

Shiketsu calls a time out. First of the three they have.

Izuku meets with his team to discuss while shiketsu does the same.

"Yo Deku!" Bakugo yells to him catching his attention.

"Yeah?" Izuku responds while taking off his helmet.

"You know the play." Katsuki says with a smirk.

Izuku smiles back.

"You think it's a good idea?" Izuku says raising a brow.

Katsuki nods.

"Why not shake things up a little bit then." Kirishima says knowing he's also part of the plan.

"Let's make a fashion statement boys, you know what to do." Katsuki says to the rest of the team making them all smile and nod in return.

Everyone sets up and shiketsu comes back on the field as well.

Izuku goes slightly more toward Katsuki then before, Katsuki calls hike and catches the ball before tossing it to kirishima that is on his left. Kirishima looks over and sees Izuku. He smirk and throws it to Izuku who quickly catches it. By this time Katsuki is already in the endzone.

Izuku cranks back his arm and throws the ball over the corner back who tackles him soon after. It goes straight into Katsuki's hands since he wasn't being covered.

The first touchdown of the season, and ironically enough it was the receiver throwing it to the quarter back to score.

"U.A HIGH WITH THE SURPRISE PLAY! TOUCHDOWN U.A UNDERDOGS!" Yamada yells before getting smacked by Aizawa who was sitting next to him.