Chapter 53:Mall Night

Izuku parked and stretched as he looked over to Ochako. "Ready?" He asked the girl who nodded.

The two got out of the car and started to walk to the mall. "We haven't been here alone in a long time." Ochako laughed to herself remembering the day that they found out they had feelings for eachother.

"The day you kissed me, then I kissed you and fled." Izuku laughed out loud remembering the memory Ochako was just reliving in her head.

Ochako laughed as well as the two passed the exact spot that said memory happened.

"Good times..." Ochako said to izuku who nodded. "Lucky for us they only got better as we got closer." He replied as the two walked into the building.

"So...what do you wanna do?" Ochako asks with a small chuckle.

"Well, first let's go eat." Izuku said while pointing to a restaurant.

The two walked over to the place and sat down to eat. "Yo!! You guys!" Kirishima walked up to the two with menu's in his hand.

He put one on each side of the table.

"Hey Kirishima!" Ochako was surprised to see their friend.

Izuku wasn't. "Sup Eijiro, how is it workin here with Denki?" He asked the boy who laughed.

"He's a dumbass, that's why we love him though." Kirishima looks over to Ochako.

"Nice to see you Uraraka, is there anything you two would like to drink?" Kirishima asks the two as he pulls his paper and pen out of his pocket.

"Water" The two say in unison.

Kirishima chuckles. "Cool, easy enough." He says with Izuku remembering back to when Kaminari got all excited when they ordered water the first time they were there during their first date.

Kirishima walks away and Izuku smiles at Ochako who also had a smile on her face.

"Can't believe Kaminari kept this job for so long." Ochako laughs and Izuku joins her.

"Kid might not be the smartest of the bunch but he's got a work ethic that's for sure." Izuku stops laughing as Kirishima nears the table.

"Here you are, ready to order?" Kirishima asks and the two nod.

"Shrimp Tempura please." Ochako smiles at Kirishima who nods and writes down the order. "And you sir?" Kirishima smiles at izuku who chuckles. "I'll take Katsudon please." He says to kirishima who nods again and writes it down.

The two without knowing ordered the exact same as their first date. Except this time izuku didn't know, it was just a coincidence.

"So, to continue off from earlier, do you actually wanna be a cheerleader?" Izuku brought back the conversation from before they had got to the mall.

"Well it's too late to join this year but the girls are all doing it, so I want to join them next year." Ochako told the boy as she took a sip of water.

Izuku nodded. "What else you wanna do this year?" He continued asking.

"What's this a pop quiz?" Ochako laughed and izuku rolled his eyes while smiling.

"I'm just kidding..." She paused and put a finger on her chin. "Well, I wanna play softball later this year."

Izuku perks up. "Really? You're into that?" The boy asked and Ochako giggled.

"Yeah I played it in middle school, last year I didn't because...well I don't know actually I think I was just caught up with you." She giggled but izuku frowned.

"Did I keep you from doing what you wanted to?" Izuku asked still frowning.

Ochako shook her hands in her face while shaking her head. "No,no,no! I was just so caught up with you, meaning like...I don't know I was just happy and content not doing it because I was with you y'know?" Ochako stumbles over her words as she tries to reassure izuku who chuckles.

"Alright, as long as I'm not getting in your way." Izuku smiled at the girl.

"Well, now that you know what I want to do, what do you wanna do?" Ochako switches the question on him and he chuckles.

"Well, football is my main focus right now for school stuff. Getting good grades is usually easy for me as you already know." Izuku chuckled and Ochako rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Not gonna play basketball this year?" Ochako turns her head a bit.

Izuku shakes his head no. "I liked it last year but I'd rather just chill out second half of the year you know what I mean?"

Ochako smiles. "Then maybe if I get on the softball team you can come watch me play!" Izuku smiles at the girl and nods.

"I'd be down for that. Since we both played basketball last year neither of us could go to each other's games. So it'll be a good change of pace." Izuku told the girl who nodded.

"Here you are!" Kirishima puts both of their plates on the table and smiles. "Hope you guys enjoy!" He says.

"Thanks dude." Izuku smiles at the boy and Ochako smiles as well while putting a thumbs up.

The two enjoy their meals and talk throughout. Once they finished izuku called for the check and payed for the both of them.

"Thanks Izuku I appreciate it." Ochako thanks the boy as they stand up to leave the restaurant.

"Don't mention it, you wanna walk around?" Izuku changes the subject and Ochako pulls out her phone.

"It's already 6 but we still have a few hours till I'd wanna be home. So sure." She smiled at the boy who nodded.

The two walked around the mall for a few hours, going in and out of shops. Izuku offered to buy things for Ochako but she refused.

Izuku then took some things that she said she wanted but didn't let him buy for her and listed them in the notes app of his phone, for ideas on what to get her for her birthday and Christmas.

"Ready to go home?" Ochako asked izuku has they neared the escalator to go back downstairs.

Izuku nodded but then he remembered the reason he had asked her there in the first place.

"Hold on, I need to run to the bathroom real quick!" Izuku turned away from the girl and dashed away.

Ochako stood alone with a confused look on her face.

Izuku ran through the mall and up the escalator to the fourth and final floor.

'Please don't be closed.' He thought to himself as he neared a certain shop.

He saw the lights on and smiled as he walked inside.

'Let's hope it's done.'