Chapter 99: Have your Cake and Eat it too

This is 2 chapters in one.

I have a draft where I keep the plot points I want to reach in this story. I made it in between chapter 43 and 44. So it says at the top that this is part 100. Even though it's technically only chapter 99 of the actual story.

"Happy fifteenth birthday Kota!" Eri jumped up and down as she wished the boy a happy birthday.

It was December 12th. A Thursday. Both Eri and Kota skipped school for the occasion.

"Thank you Eri." Kota smiled at the girl as she slowly stopped bouncing around in circles.

She got close and hugged the boy.

"You're so grown up!" The girl said to the boy who cringed.

"No I'm not..." The boy muttered and Eri giggled.

"Yeah I know, but now that you're an age number above me I can make fun of you for being an old man!" Eri said as she backed up and poked the boys nose.

Kota blinked a few times before chuckling.

"I'm not gonna escape that am I." He said and Eri immediately shook her head no.

Kota sighed.

"I'm home!"

Kota and Eri looked over to his front door and saw his mother with a bag in her hand and a smile on her face.

"Hey mom, you got everything right?" Kota walked up to his mother and held his hand out.

"Of course sweet boy. Everything's good to go." The woman told Kota while putting the bag into his hand.

Kota smiled. "Thanks mom!" He said before giving her a small hug and walking back to Eri.

Kota's mom smiled and walked back to her room.

"Okay, here's all of the stuff." Kota said as he and Eri walked into the kitchen. He placed the bag on the counter.

"How are we gonna do this?" Kota looks over to the girl who grins.

"I'm gonna make it all by my self! Then you're gonna taste it." Eri grinned at the idea as she started to rummage through the bag.

"You sure?" Kota asks while raising a brow.

"Yeah! It's your birthday so go relax!" Eri insists as she starts to push the boy toward the living room.

"I don't need to relax!" Kota told the girl as she pushed him onto the couch.

"Yes you do old man! Just leave it to me." Eri giggled as she pointed to herself.

Kota smiled and shook his head.

"Fine, I leave it to you chef Midoriya." Kota laughed to himself and Eri's eyes widened.

"Oh yeah! Hold on, be right back!" Eri grabbed a bag she had brought with her and ran into the bathroom.

Kota was a bit confused but turned on the TV as he waited for the girl.

A few seconds went by and Eri ran out of the bathroom.

"Ta-Da!" She said spreading her arms.

Kota looked at the girl and saw her in an apron.

"Was that really all?" Kota snickered and Eri puffed her cheeks.

"What did you expect?" Eri asked rhetorically as she spread out a hair tie in her hand.

"I need you to put up my hair okay? I don't need it getting in the food." She told the boy as she walked over and sat down next to him.