12. Play Date

"Aemma." Viserys said fondly as he hugged her. "Welcome back."

"Hello Viserys." Aemma looked past him to Avalon staring up at them. "Hello Avalon." Aemma coed.

"Hi, are you ready?" Avalon asked.

"Ready?" Aemma countered confused.

"Our play date silly." Avalon declared grabbing Aemma's hand.

"Our... play date?" Aemma asked looking back at Viserys.

"Avalon said I'm not allowed to come." Viserys informed her. "Says you will be distracted by my handsomeness. I believe she said." Viserys mused.

"Yep." Avalon agreed pulling Aemma along. "I know you are scared of dragons and that is not allowed." Avalon informed her. "So we are going to fix that."

"We... are?" Aemma asked nervously. She turned back to see Viserys waving back at them. "Avalon would it be alright if Viserys-"

"Nope." Avalon told her not letting go of Aemma's hand. "He will distract you. This is our play date." Avalon told her. "No boys allowed."

"Oh, no boys allowed." Aemma agreed.

"Except for Mouse." Avalon said happily. "MOUSE!"

"Oh, but... I..." Aemma hesitated as she saw Mouse charging at them. Avalon let go of Aemma's hand as she opened her arms for Mouse. he shuffled to a stop as she hugged him tight.

"You want to hug him?" Avalon asked.

"No... I'm fine right here." Aemma countered and Avalon shook her head letting out a little huff.

"I told you, that won't do." Avalon went on. "Come on, we are going to make you love dragons. You cannot marry Viserys if you don't." Avalon informed her.

"Oh? Is that a new rule?" Aemma mused.

"I just decreed it." Avalon agreed.

"And what Avalon says is law." Daemon agreed falling into step with Avalon.

"Thank you." Avalon agreed. 'But this is a no boys play date." Avalon informed him waving a hand and shooing him away.

"No boys play date." Daemon tsked. "You are missing out gorgeous." Daemon declared.

"Go, this is Aemma and my play date." Avalon told him.

"Mouse is a boy." Daemon reminded her.

"Mouse is Mouse." Avalon corrected. "Go on."

Aemma clenched her hands as she followed Avalon. She didnt know why she was so nervous. Avalon, a girl of barely five was fearless and Aemma was terrified of what she had in store.

"You know Avalon you are very smart." Aemma remarked.

"Thank you." Avalon agreed.

"I heard you were having a name day celebration, at weeks end." Aemma remarked. "Would it be alright if I came?"

"Only if you get over your dragon fear." Avalon told her. Aemma nodded nervously. She would never love dragons. She loved that Viserys had adopted Balerion and didnt ride him much and kept him far away at the capital but Daemon and Avalon loved their dragons.

Avalon has all her dragon toys set up in the garden for a tea party. Aemma smiled down at Avalon as she took a seat.

"Tea?" Avalon asked clinking around the cups. Aemma looked at the toy dragons sat on the chairs and on the table. "No, no," Avalon scolded her dragon toy. "You know no manors." She remarked picking him up. "We dont sit on the table like daemon." Avalon informed him putting him on her lap. "Aemma?"

She sat down across from Avalon as Avalon poured her a cup of tea. Aemma chuckled at all the dragons. This was how avalon thought to help her with her dragon fear.

"Cake Mouse?" Avalon asked holding out her hand. Aemma sucked in a deep breath as it looked like Mouse had eaten Avalon's hand. His lips sucked at her hand and she giggled as he pulled his mouth away. Aemma looked at her hand perfectly fine and the giggle on Avalon's face.

"Cake?" Avalon asked Aemma getting her attention back on Avalon as Mouse rolled scratching his back on the ground. Avalon smiled over at him as he wiggled next to them before looking to aemma. "Cake? It's carrot cake. That's my favorite."

"thank you Avalon." Aemma replied taking a little cake from the plate.

"Is this helping?" Avalon asked.

"Yes." Aemma agreed. "Thank you Avalon."

"Great. Because I would hate for you to not marry Viserys because of this new rule I created." Avalon informed her seriously.

When aemma and Avalon were done Aemma found Viserys and kissed him.

"Good play date with Avalon?" Viserys remarked.

"I love her." Aemma declared. "She is... perfect."

"I agree." Viserys told her happily.

"Did your play date work?" Daemon asked as Avalon tried to carry all her toys back inside but kept dropping them.

"Mouse, can you get that?" Avalon asked and Daemon looked at Mouse slinking down the hall behind her nudging her fallen toys along.

"Avalon, I think Mouse is..." Daemon chuckled as she looked up at him, a toy tucked under her chin fell to the ground.

"Mouse can you-" Avalon began but Daemon picked it up.

"I got it." Daemon assured taking a few of the toys from her hands.

"Thanks, my arms hurt." Avalon informed him.

"They are plushies." Daemon reminded her.

"They get heavy." Avalon countered. "I had to bring them all this way from the garden."

"You are strong Avalon. So strong." Daemon declared.

"I am." She agreed hugging her remaining dragon plush to her chest.