106. Gods, Get Over It

Avalon was queen. 

All the great houses had come to her naming and coronation and she had her pick of the best and brightest. She still needed to pick a hand. 

Cregan Stark seemed a smart and capable man. His father was her guard what seemed like a million years ago now and wouldnt it be wonderful if he was her hand after all his father had done protecting her in her youth. 

~

"A royal tour." Viserys had added.

"A royal tour." Avalon echoed.

"To find... a husband." Viserys remarked softly.

"To find... for me?" Avalon countered as she brought a hand up to his face. "Viserys, I don't really talk when it comes to handsome men, I have moved up from numb tongue syndrome to rambling but..."

"I dont want you to find a husband and leave me." Viserys admitted. "I love you Avalon. I want you here, its just to appease them."

"How long will I be gone?"

"You can go for a week, a moon, as long or as short as you like." Viserys remarked. "You can meet one man and run the other way or you can meet a dozen until you can speak confidently to men."

"I don't want to leave." Avalon countered.

"I dont want you to leave." Viserys agreed kissing her cheek.

"Rickard is coming with me." Avalon requested.

"Of course, whoever you would like."

Avalon got to thinking about her future, about her first kiss, about her first kiss with Daemon. It got her thinking about what it would be like for more. What it would be like finding a person that she loved, a one true love.

She had wanted to know more, it was a nice kiss but it was new and different. She smiled over at Rickard before telling him of the tour, her worries, her concerns. They were leaving in the morrow and Avalon didnt know what to think.

"Don't think of it as a tour," Rickard offered seeing her confused face. "Think of it as an adventure." Avalon nodded.

"An adventure, I like that. Thank you Rickard."

"Maybe we go to winterfell," Rickard added. "I know my brother would love you." Avalon gave him a knowing look. "No, no, no, I'm just saying that I write often about you and they want to meet you..."

"Rickard, setting me up." Avalon tsked as she bumped her hip into him.

"You talk fine with me, my brother is like me, just think about that." Rickard offered.

"You want me to marry you?" Avalon mused.

"No, well... Princess, you are like a little sister to me. I love you, I do but I can't imagine marrying my sister." Rickard informed her and Avalon laughed out.

"Tis the Targaryen way." she reminded him with a cheeky grin as she closed her chamber door. "Daemon, what are you-" Avalon began but Daemon kissed her. His hands wrapped around her waist pulling her closer.

He kept kissing her as he walked her back into her room closing the door their lips finding a rhythm. He pulled away just slightly and her eyes fluttered open.

''You are going on tour.'' Daemon whispered. She nodded as his lips found her neck. His hands grabbed down her sides until he got to her ass before lifting her up onto the table.

''What am I going to do without my avalon?''

~

"Be miserable while you and Davina ran off doing Gods knows what." Daemon declared. Davina gave him a pointed look. 

"I showed her how to live." Davina corrected. 

"We had fun." Avalon agreed. "Gods that seems like a million years ago now." 

"Little Cregan wasnt even born yet." Daemon agreed. "Now he is up for the hand of the queen position."

"Wait just a moment! You vetting him for hand?" Davina questioned. Cregan's eyes went wide, he didnt know thats what these talks were. He could be hand of the queen? "What about me?"

"What about you?" Daemon countered and davina whacked him over the back of the head. 

"I would be a great hand, ruling the realms." 

"You burned a husband alive." Daemon countered. 

"One fucking time." Davina declared. "Gods, get over it." 

"Davina you are wild and free and I love that about you." Avalon assured. "But the hand needs to stay here. In the capital." 

"Oh, yeah... I know but it would have been nice to have been asked." Davina corrected. Avalon chuckled. 

"Davina, would you like to be hand of the queen?" Avalon questioned. 

"You know its really nice of you to ask but I'm super busy these days can't add ruling the seven kingdoms on top of that." Davina mused. 

"That was productive." Daemon agreed but Avalon laughed out. Daemon pulled her into him kissing her temple. Davina rose a curious brow but Daemon swatted a hand at her. Avalon was his. He knew she needed time after Viserys but make no mistake, Avalon had been Daemon's from the start.