87. Her Favorite Boys

You signed up for this / Jaime Lannister
&
End of Youth / Tommen Baratheon out now!

Every night Avalon fell asleep on viserys chest his arm wrapped around her and her hand lay over his heart. She would press a little kiss to his chest and pray he would start to get better.

In the morning she woke curled on her side Viserys nuzzled into her back and he stayed asleep long after she got up and was tending to the children. He was so sore and weak most days but being with avalon always made him smile.

Avalon rolled onto her back and touched Viserys cheek. She pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek before moving to the nursery.

"Daeron honey... good morning my love." Avalon coed picking him up. "Daddys still sleeping again but dont worry your cute little head. He loves you too." Daeron had the biggest violet eyes a cute little nose and chomping lips ready for a meal.

"I know baby boy Im moving in slow motion it seems." Avalon agreed as she took a seat Daeron grabbed at her hair and dress tugging it with extreme force to get to his milk supply.

"Hello prince aegon." Criston remarked pushing open daerons door. Aegon nodded to him.

"Morning mama..."

"Morning baby." Avalon coed.

"Where has father been the past moon? Where is father now?" Aegon questioned.

"Not feeling well the treatment is making him tired." Avalon remarked softly. Aegon nodded laying down beside her. He laid his head in her lap. "You tired too? Did someone mistake you for your father?"

"Gods no. Im too handsome." Aegon corrected. Avalon chuckled.

"You are so handsome baby." Avalon agreed.

"Morning ser criston." Alicent said softly as she passed with Rhaenyra.

"Good morning my lady, princess." Criston agreed.

"You totally like him!"

"Rhaenyra shh!" Alicent begged. " he's right there."

"Yes and the chemistry between you two is going to explode. Like literally explode. You are going to explode if you do not make a move." Rhaenyra declared.

"I can't make a move he's part of the kings guard." Alicent corrected. "He takes his vows very seriously and nothing could ever happen. I don't want anything to happen we are just friends-"

"Are you trying to convince me or you" she pointed a finger between them.

"Bugger off." Alicent murmured.

"Avalon would be OK with it. She's OK with me and..." She stopped herself.

"I know you know." Alicent countered.

"What do you know?" Rhaenyra countered.

"What everyone knows." she offered vaguely.

"And you are okay with that?"

"Rhaenyra im your friend and I love Jacaerys. But you are the heir. The rest of the world the velaryons included." Alicent offered gently.

"I dont love laenor like I love him."

"I know." Alicent agreed.

"Mama mama mama!"

"In here my prince." Criston remarked. Aemond stopped short of Avalons chambers looking at criston. "Your mamas in here."  Aemond nodded charging at him.

"Mama mama mama!" Aemond came running down the hall criston was just quick enough to open the door before he collided with it.

"Baby, baby, baby!" Avalon declared. "All my favorite boys greeting me this morning." Avalon scooped Aemond up and Aegon shifted on the couch. 

She wished Viserys was healthy she wished he could celebrate in these happy moments with his children but knew the maesters were doing everything they could to make him better again. She had to have faith. So for now she held her children close, they were her lifeline and they would all get through this together. SHe wished Daemon was here though, he would make the pain go away, the worry go away. But she wasnt a little girl anymore, she had her own children that needed her to be brave, she had the seven kingdoms to worry about, she needed to be brave.