54. Whatever May Come

Fetish/ Larys Strong Out now!
Yes You read that correctly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Avalon had put her kids to bed, she wished for sleep, this day had been a lot but the week of festivities were cut short the wedding picked up to that night and it was just immediate family. Avalon let out a sad sigh seeing as though Daemon had already taken off. It would have been nice to have him around a little longer, she missed him but he was trouble. Avalon held onto Viserys had she felt him swaying slightly as the septon spoke, she looked back at him and saw he looked a pit pale, she brought a hand to his cheek and his was clammy to the touch.

"Vis-"

"I'm alright," he whispered leaning heavily on her as he took deep labored breaths.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them.

"Viserys!" Avalon cried out dropping next to him. "Get Mellos!" she demanded. "Viserys! Viserys!" she shook him gently but he didn't respond. "Viserys!"

+

Ser Criston was going to kill himself after what he had done, the dishonor of it all. He couldn't live with himself but the news of the kings collapse made him drop the blade.

''Ser Criston.'' Avalon called out tears in her eyes. "Don't. there has been enough death and sickness and mourning."

"Your grace I have dishonored myself and I cant."

"Criston. You are a good and honorable man." Avalon told him taking slow steps towards him. "If you wish to leave Rhaenyra's service I will allow it but you will be on my service instead."

"You want me?"

"Ser Criston, I know you and Rhaenyra were close, perhaps that is what... lead to such actions. Some distance might be good. For the both of you." Avalon offered. "If that is what you want... you have too much life to live to end things now." Avalon told him.

"Is the king..."

"They are preforming surgery on him now." Avalon told him softly. "I needed fresh air, they didn't want me in there while they were working." Avalon told him. "I want Daemon here to tell me everything is alright but he's long gone. I don't want to go back inside just to come out here and find your corpse in the morning." Avalon told him. "Please, come inside."

"I will gladly be your sworn protector." Criston told her. "I wont let you down."

"I know you wont." Avalon agreed tapping his hand gently before letting out a shaky breath and heading back inside.

"Your grace." Criston called and Avalon turned around. "Can I give you a hug?" Criston asked and Avalon nodded as he wrapped his arms around her. "The king will be fine, everything will be fine." Criston assured her as she sobbed into him.

Viserys was her brother. Her best friend. There was not a moment in her life that existed without her elder brothers in her memory. When Viserys collapsed her heart seemed to stop her breath caught in her chest before it thudded in her chest and all she could hear as the maesters and knights carried him away him carried was the thundering beat of her heart the rapid pulse of her vein.

Her teeth chattered and her body shook as she tried so desperately to be strong but she was petrified at what was to come.

Rhaenyra was not ready to be queen and even if she was Avalon didnt want to lose viserys.

Criston held her as she cried. 

"I dont want him to be gone, Ser Criston... he's going to be okay... he has to be." Avalon whimpered. He held onto her telling her it would be okay, telling her all the things she needed to hear even if he didnt know the fate of Viserys. Even if all his words were false promises. It was what she needed to hear. Tears ran down her cheeks and dropped like a waterfall onto Criston. He held tight to her still.