94. Laenor vs Harwin

Avalon watched Alicent and Rhaenyra in the gardens they were smiling. Rhaenyras hand on her pregnant stomach as they walked.

"Viserys its a lovely day out." Avalon remarked turning to him. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Almost done with Eddard." Viserys corrected and avalon moved to him kissing his shoulder. "Look my love. The realms. So tiny in the palm of our hands."

"Eddard is quite skilled." Avalon agreed reaching forward and touching the building that replicated the castle.

"Look my love!" Viserys exclaimed. Avalon loved how passionate he was about these things. Viserys held up a little dragon figurine.

"Oh that's beautiful." Avalon agreed when luke ran in clinging to avalon and panting for breath. "Honey what happened?" Avalon questioned dropping to her knees.

"We are playing hide and seek tag!" Luke informed her. "I tagged jace and ran!" Avalon laughed out looking to viserys a smile covered his face.

"You ran fast. You are all out of breath my dear." Avalon informed him.

"Yeah. Im super fast." Luke agreed.

Avalon loved her grandsons. Wished they were velaryon but also didnt. She adored Harwin and knew he looked out for the boys when laenor was off being laenor far away.

Harwin was here and dependable and Avalon had known him for ages. She should have pushed for Rhaenyra and Harwin when they were younger. Should have instructed Alicent to stay. Neither of them need suffer.

"My father is coming home." Luke remarked. "I saw his ship." Sweet innocent Luke. Why else would he think any different. Jace knew. He really did. He saw the way people looked at him and Avalon tried her best to shield them from it she loved her grandsons but this was different. This was their bloodline. Their father. Avalon wanted them to have a father that was there for them not just every few moons but all the time.

"Shall we go greet him?" Avalon pondered kissing viserys cheek as they headed out.

"Avalon." Criston tipped his head to her. She had told him a million and one times that he didnt have to call her your grace. After ten years he finally go it down while others thought it was disrespectful avalon loved just being avalon with her friends.

"You and alicent have supper last night?" Avalon proded.

"Im sure she did have supper. Most do."'criston offered softly.

"Together."

"No." Criston corrected.

"I set it up." Avalon corrected. "Aegon and aemond were supposed to trap you two together!" Avalon declared.

"Avalon?"

"You two are so cute together and you dont even know it!" Avalon informed him. "You are such a sweet man Criston and Alicent is a lovely young woman. Why wont you two let yourselves be happy?"

"Against my vows-"

"You are fired. Go ask Alicent on a priper date." Avalon demanded as she walked off with Luke.

"Your grace?" Criston countered throughly confised.

"Fired!" Avalon agreed. But criston fell back into step behind her. "What are you doing? You are fired. Sacked. No more my guard. Shoo!" Avalon waved a hand at him.

"I know you are lying Avalon."

"Of course I am." Avalon agreed sharply. "But i dont know how to tell you that I want you two together and i am making an exception to the queens guard rules for you. Come on. You wont get in trouble. I know she loves you. You clearly like her. Just go on a date. A real date. For me. Thats an order." Avalon instructed.

"Ordering me to go on a date." Criston chuckled.

"Go on. Make her day." Avalon insisted. Luke smiled up at him as he held to avalons hand.

"Listen to gramma!" Luke agreed. Luke was a little love bug he was always snuggled up next to rhaenyra or avalon. He liked to have that connection. Avalon liked that connection too. She didnt think rhaenyra was the lovey touchy feely type. She was always more independent but luke was a lover not a fighter. Avalon hugged him to her as they moved to the shores. Jace ran to cacth up with them

"Hi honey. Were you training with ser harwin?"

"Yeah. Hes the best." Jace agreed.

"He is," avalon answered running her fingers through his thick black hair. "Theres daddy the sea pirate." Avalon mused.

"father!" Luke shouted running to him.

"Oh my boys!" Laenor declared happily as he picked luke up. "Look how you have grown!"

"Welcome back Laenor!"

"Ahhh Avalon as beautiful as ever!" Laenor declared kissing her cheek.

"I want to show you my dragon!" Luke declared. "Arrax is getting big!"

"Yes show me show me!" Laenor agreed as luke pulled him along.

"You alright jace?" Avalon questioned kissing the top of his head.

"Why is he gone all the time?" Jace questioned.

"There is a war to be fought and won. He is just trying to keep you and your brother and you brother safe." Avalon offered.

"Ser harwin keeps us safe and hes right here." Jace corrected.

"I know it doesnt make a lot of sense but know that laenor loves you and your brother very much," avalon assured.

"I know but..."

"But what me love?" Avalon coed.

"Sometimes I wish Ser harwin was my father."