71. Sunshine Like You

Wolves / cregan stark / Davina targaryen out now!

''Avalon love that was dangerous.' Viserys told her holding her close.

''I had mouse i was perfectly safe.'' Avalon assured kissing him gently before moving to get changed.

''Avalon,'' viserys coed.

''Viserys,'' she echoed kissing him softly. ''She sent a plea for help. I helped. I wont ever stop doing what is right.''

Dalton Greyjoy. The red kracken. Avalon couldn't understand why Otto would sell his daughter off to such a terrible man. Avalon knew the greyjoys were a bit... much but looking at a shivering Alicent now. It had been half a moon and Alicent didn't leave her room, Rhaenyra was still in a mood, Viserys agreed not to tell Rhaenyra for now. There was definitely a shift since Alicent had arrived.

+

Alicent smiled softly as Avalon came into her chambers with Alyssa.

"Hello princess." Alicent whispered as Alyssa held out a flower for Alicent. "Thank you."

"What kind of flower is that Alyssa?" Avalon pondered as she put down the tea and cookies for Alicent on the table. ALyssa shrugged at three she was very interested in nature and the flowers and creatures that grew in it. "Yes you do." Avalon coed tickling her little stomach. Alyssa laughed out taking the flower back and examining it again.

"What color is it?" Avalon offered and she hoped little Alyssa would be a good distraction for Alicent and it seemed to be.

"Ellow!" Alyssa declared.

"Thats right, like the..."

"Sun!" Alyssa went on.

"And its a-"

"Flower!" Alyssa agreed jumping up. "Sun flower, sunflower!" Alyssa declared handing it back.

"We are learning out colors and numbers and flowers." Avalon informed Alicent. "You should join us in the gardens."

"I... I dont think Rhaenyra-"

"Who is the queen?" Avalon countered. Alicent chuckled blushing embarrassed. Avalon put a hand to her ear leaning in. "I couldnt hear you my dear."

"You." Alicent agreed.

"And I want you here. But not if you are uncomfortable. I want you to be happy, to fix in here again... is there anything we can do to help?" Avalon pondered.

"You are already doing so much and I'm so very grateful." Alicent assured. "Thank you Avalon, thank you."

"Of course, I wish I had known sooner." Avalon offered as she held onto Alicent's hand.

"One, two, three, four, five... mama five cookies." Alyssa counted.

"Very good, there used to be six, I wonder where it went." Avalon teased as Alyssa wiped the crumbs from her lips.

"I dont know." Alyssa offered with an innocent shrug.

"I like seeing your children." Alicent remarked. "They are so precious. But of course they are, you are so perfect."

"I'm far from perfect." Avalon countered. "I'm-" she choked out a laugh. "Everyone at court thinks I'm a bit of a loon."

"What? Why would they think that? You are not a loon you are amazing." Alicent assured.

"I need a cookie if we are going to talk about the ladies and lords of court." Avalon offered tipping her head to the couch in Alicent's chambers. "Aegon helped me bake these this morning just for you. And us of course, we had to test them."

"Of course, they are delicious." Alicent remarked as she took a bite. "Would it be okay if I... just... I'm not ready to face the world." Alicent admitted.

"As long as we dont have to talk about the ladies of court." Avalon teased leaning into her. "Whenever you are ready." Avalon assured. "I'm here in the meantime and afterwards. I promise you are safe here Alicent."

+

"Aemond is nocturnal," Avalon decided as he stared back at them from his crib. "Everyone else is asleep..." Aemond reached out for Avalon a little whine on his lips. Avalon moved to him picking him up and he settled in her arms.

Viserys finished off the bottle as Avalon settled between his legs. Viserys anchored his legs around Avalon's keeping her hostage to him. Avalon smiled back at him.

"I had tea and cookies with Alicent again, I think if Rhaenyra just tried to open up to her they could have friends in each other again." Avalon remarked.

"You have made Alicent Hightower you mission it seems." Viserys remarked gently as Avalon shifted Aemond in her lap.

"I know I was kind of reckless when I went to get Alicent." Avalon remarked. "But Vis," He kissed her neck.

"I'm not mad, I was worried but Avalon that is just who you are." Viserys assured. "I know you gorgeous."

"She is still hurting." Avalon whispered "and I wish there was more I could do to help."

"Just keep showing up." Viserys offered. Viserys held Avalon tighter, resting his chin on Avalon's shoulder, Avalon relaxed into him. "Sunshine like you is contagious."