84. Loveable

Trustfall/ Jon Snow/ Theon Greyjoy Out now!
&

Tell Me Why / Oberyn Martell Out now!

"Arms out-" avalon did as she instructed and Aemond laughed out copying her. "And fly!!" They ran around the courtyard arms out like wings 'flying' around the courtyard.

Aemond more than anything wanted to fly. Aegon dropped his sword. Alyssa looked away from her butterfly and ran to join them. Arms out and laughs on their lips. Viserys smiled wide when he saw them all.

He looked down at little Daeron as he suckled his thumb nestled in viserys arm. Avalon caught them watching her and she met his gaze, smiling up at him before waving widely back at them. 

"Hello my loves!" Avalon called up to them, blowing them a kiss. 

The great thing about Avalon was when you look in her eyes and she's looking back in yours, everything feels not quite normal. Because you feel stronger and weaker at the same time. You feel excited, and at the same time, terrified. The truth is, you don't know what you feel except you know what kind of man you want to be. It's as if you've reached the unreachable and you weren't ready for it. That was how Viserys felt when he looked at Avalon. Like he got this untouched gold. 

+

Rhaenyra was pregnant again... she was happy, of course she was but seeing Avalon with her children, silver hair and violet eyes, she looked to Harwin and thought what the hell are we doing? The whispers we are putting on our children, the... rumors, Avalon could only hold them off for so long. 

"Rhaenyra, is something wrong?" ALicent questioned. 

"No, yes, no." Rhaenyra debated. 

"You can talk to me." ALicent offered. "We used to talk about everything."

"Yes... we did." Rhaenyra agreed. "But I would rather talk about you and Ser Criston." 

"What?" Alicent was suddenly flushed with color. "There is no, we never, I don't know what you are talking about!" ALicent rambled nervously. 

"Yeah, yeah, that was convincing." Rhaenyra agreed. 

"I..." 

"Alicent, come on, you can trust me." Rhaenyra assured. 

"Nothing happened." ALicent adamantly assured. 

"But," Rhaenyra urged. 

"I do like him, but he is of the kings guard, Avalon's guard, he would never break his vows." 

He did, a long time for me, Rhaenyra thought with a pinched smile. Then regretted every moment of it and killed a man at my wedding because fucking Joffrey provoked him.

"I suppose but... I mean... well he is handsome." Rhaenyra offered. "And I can tell he likes you."

"You can?" Alicent questioned eagerly. 

"I mean, yeah." Rhaenyra agreed. "You two would be cute together." She admitted. "But queens guard." 

"He is so handsome and sweet, and... he loves the kids, I never thought I would want kids, never thought I would want another man to touch me after Dalton... but... I dont know, I feel safer here with Avalon... with Ser Criston."

"You know you can talk to aunt Avalon about this." Rhaenyra remarked. "She adores you, I'm sure she would even agreed." 

"It's not important, besides she has a lot on her mind, a new baby in all..." Alicent remarked. 

"Speaking of babies... I'm pregnant again." 

"Oh Rhaenyra thats wonderful." Alicent declared moving to hug her. 

"Is it?" Rhaenyra countered and ALicent settled back into her seat. "I mean, I'm happy. I am." She added quickly. "But... the rumors-"

"Are nothing bur rumors."  Alicent agreed. 

"And if they arent?" Rhaenyra rasped. 

"Then I suppose you are lucky that Avalon loves you so much." Alicent offered. 

"I love Laenor."

"He is a loveable man." Alicent remarked awkwardly. It was hard not to like Laenor, he was always smiling, always had energy for days, he would have been in with a maester for an injury and walk out with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. But the love Rhaenyra felt for him wasnt that of a husband and wife. But as a friend, as family. He was her cousin but the passion she felt when she was with Harwin was incomparable to anything else. It was a million butterfly kisses, it was dragon heart beats, it was pure and yet scandalous at the same time and Rhaenyra knew that she should talk to Avalon before this baby was born but she didnt want to see the look on her face, didnt want to see that sigh of the Velaryons won't be happy. 

"Don't tell anyone yet." Rhaenyra requested grabbing into Alicent's hand. "I just want to... its still early." 

"I understand... you should speak to Avalon too."