128. It is What It Is

"But you are so perfect mama, I'm never going to be as good as you." ALyssa whimpered clinging to Avalon.

''Perfection is deception. An illusion. It's a carefully curated but false narrative." Avalon assured as Alyssa was filled with worry, she was late, she was going to become a mother.  "I'm not perfect honey, I love you so much, and I know what kind of woman you are, I know that you are going to be the best mum ever. Perfect isnt possible but you my dear will come the closest, I know it."

"I dont want to be grown up anymore, its stressful I dont think I'm ready for the responsibility." Alyssa remarked.

"You and Newt have nine moons to prepare yourself." Avalon corrected. "And you always have me." Alyssa nodded nervously.

"It's all going to be okay right, mama?"

"It's kinda overwhelming but... Hey! Lemons make lemonade. Flowers bloom in the rain," Avalon remarked. "Growing up is a pain," Avalon assured. "And it is what it is. It's not the end of the world, this is just the beginning my love. Things may look all upside down instead right side up I was terrified when I was pregnant but I got the most precious gifts of all. You and your siblings." Avalon remarked. Alyssas smile brightened.

"There's always light where it burns. Just remember that no matter what I love you. You can mess up and mess up again and I'm still going to be here for you." Avalon assured.  A butterfly came up landing in Alyssa's hair. Alyssa smiled up at it.

"It's kind of weird, kind of fun to think that we are all just specks on a rock." Alyssa remarked. "I'm going to have a baby... im going to add a life to this world."

"You are going to have a baby." Avalon agreed hugging her. "My baby is having a baby." Alyssa bit her lip nervously. She was always the odd one, much like Avalon was, people didnt understand Alyssa's need for learning about the little lives, the plants and creatures that inhabit the earth. Her wandering mind. Avalon understood and she loved that her Alyssa was so beautifully unique.

"You can laugh, you can dance, you can trip, you can slip, you can fall down again, again, again and again." Avalon remarked. "And it all still works out in the end."

"I want a little girl." Alyssa admitted. "I want a girl like me. Like us."

"Magical?" Avalon offered kissing Alyssas forehead.

"Magical."