43. Fear Came Flooding Back

Avalon had been terrified when she gave birth to Aegon. Her mother died giving birth to her and now she was pregnant again but this time she felt more at ease. That was until her water broke and sudden she was filled with worry.

All the fear came flooding back. Her mother had two boys Avalons elder brothers before she died giving birth to avalon.

Viserys saw her worry and fear as he held Avalon closer told her everything would be okay. Kissed her gently and wiped away the sweat on her brow.

"Are you sure?" Avalon whispered.

"Positive." Viserys declared. "Because I dont ever want to know what its like to live in a world without my avalon." Avalon smiled a pained smile back at him and nodded. They could do this.

As she pushed she thought about how unfair it was that women had to suffer so much. Not only were most women considered property but they had to go through the child bearing and labor and then after having their bodies stretched and tugged and sagging out they were expected to be beautiful and smile and perfect little porcelain dolls.

Avalon did a lot of think through her groans of ow my body is being ripped apart.

What if she died? What if she was killed? In labor leaving her child alone in the world. Well Aegon would have viserys but Avalon wanted to be there for her baby boy. Wanted to love him and hold him and cherish him along with their child. She didnt want Aegon to live in a world without her either.

Then their baby came out screaming and Avalon was sobbing with joy and relief. She did it. She survived yet again. Now she had two children. They had two children.

"A girl your grace."

"A girl." Viserys smiled hoping for a mini avalon. A little piece of heaven.

"A girl," avalon repeated smiling as her baby was place in her arms. "Oh hello honey... viserys..."

"Shes perfect like you." Viserys whispered kissing her cheek.

"I want to call her Alyssa."

"I love that." Viserys agreed running a gentle hand over Alyssas little head as she stopped crying.

+

"I wish Rhaenyra was here." Avalon whispered down to Alyssa, their newest addition to the family. "She could meet her sister."

"She picked out an egg." Viserys remarked. "Aegon picked a different one though." Viserys added and Avalon looked down to Aegon reaching for Alyssa's hand.

"You think mom would be proud?" Avalon questioned.

"I think she would be proud and honored." Viserys agreed. "She gets to live on, through our daughter... but Alyssa is very lucky to get to know her mother for many, many years to come." Viserys assured kissing her temple. Avalon nodded on the brink of tears.

"So many hormones." Avalon muttered fanning at her eyes. "I swear I cant go a day without leaking."

"Leaking?" Viserys questioned with a laugh.

"Eyes and tits honey." Avalon remarked and Viserys chuckled pulling her into him.

"Ahh yes, eyes and tits." Viserys agreed wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "We make some good looking babies." Viserys remarked.

"We do." Avalon agreed.

"Want to make another?" Viserys questioned and Avalon slapped at his chest.

"No!" She declared with a laugh. "Not now, let me enjoy her."

"Alright," Viserys agreed kissing her neck. "Don't mind me." Viserys told her his hand sliding up and down her thigh. "Enjoy her..." avalon hummed leaning into him. He cradled Avalon to him kissing along her shoulder.

"Viserys." Avalon moaned leaning into him and a smile curved his face. Aegon curled up beside Avalon as he stared back at his new sister. Viserys kissed her again and again. Never wanting to stop.