El Sin Nombre - Part 1

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

We rushed back to the base with haste. We knew we were caught, yet we were all nervous about getting scolded for it. I felt so stupid for it for some reason. She was nowhere to be found when we got back, and I immediately grew worried. How did she get into town in the first place? We didn't see her and make sure the left Las Almas because Alejandro and Soap were acting like we were caught out past our curfew by their parents and drug me along with it.

I could still smell the linger of her perfume in our shared bathroom, waiting a few moments to see if I could assure myself that she was back by listening for movement in her room.

Nothing.

Contemplating, I wondered if I should radio her and ask for her status, but I couldn't be making it more obvious than I already have. I was usually good about hiding my emotions, but I knew my cover was blown when Soap, out of all people, called me out on my little crush.

I rid my body of my weapons and mask, running my fingers through my hair before retreating to the kitchen nook to make myself a cup of coffee although I really wanted whiskey, but apparently, no man on this base liked it and preferred tequila. Kiera had a bottle of it yesterday, but I wasn't surprised if it was already gone by now.

I sat in a welcoming silence, appreciative that Soap decided to run off with Alejandro and Rudolfo to play around with offroad vehicles. I could hear the low hum of the engines faintly outside, thankful that I didn't have Soap walking in on me without my mask and asking me questions. Like I said before, I really didn't care that I showed my face when I was off the field, but Soap had never seen my face before, nor has there been a time that we worked together that I ever took it off because we were always sent on the roughest missions, rarely having a base to comfort into.

Even though I didn't care that my face wasn't covered now, I suddenly wished that it was when I heard the faint clicks of Kiera's heels come closer. The dress she was wearing looked even better up close. Her skin was glowing, her waist was perfect, and the way her straight hair gave in to the Mexican humidity left gentle waves of blonde tresses covering her shoulders. Bloody fucking hell, Simon. Don't get up and make it obvious that you haven't been in the presence of a woman in a long time! My body was letting me down, and I was ashamed that I couldn't control it.

"Were you a part of their little entourage, too?" She arched her brow at me, yet her tone was hard to read. I couldn't tell if she was mad or genuinely curious.

I shrugged, "I was only following orders."

"Mhm." She sighed, setting down a bottle of whiskey and tequila on the table, taking out her earrings and setting them on the table next to the bottles before walking towards the cabinets and getting out a glass. "You want some whiskey? I'm already getting a glass for me."