The End of it All

Kiera's Point of View:

My heart was in shambles during the entire flight, and I still couldn't understand what I could have done wrong to make Simon treat me the way he did so suddenly. I knew I was in the wrong for coming back, but he didn't seem mad about it when he found out, but something snapped in him when he saw me on that ramp after his and Johnny's mission. No, he didn't hurt me physically, just my feelings.

It was twelve hours later and I haven't heard anything from him, nor did I try to contact him first. I guess we just need our space right now to let the tension die down between us and this entire situation. Laswell and I landed somewhere in Italy to refuel on our private flight, and my mind raced with what if's.

What if Graves and Ben take advantage of the fact that I was gone from duty?

What if something bad happens to my family while we're away since Phil Jenkins is still plotting this big casino next to our ranch?

What if Simon doesn't come back home to me?

What if he realized just how much of a headache I am and is only with me for our children?

I didn't think about the way he assured me that he loved me before he made me go, like it had never happened. Though I guess I was still at the brink of my own anger to reassure myself. "What's our next stop, Kate?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence within the cabin of the small plane.

"London. This plane isn't suitable for a cross-Atlantic flight, so we need to switch." She sighed, and I nodded.

"Gotcha," I frowned, hating the silence between us. I could tell Kate was wanting to tell me something, but refrained due to the thoughts she knew she'd put into my head. I was itching to check in on Simon and the rest of the team, praying for their safety and missing their voices.

But a part of me was terrified to even bring myself back into his attention right now. If I pissed him off that much by just doing something I thought was right, I was afraid to imagine the ping in my chest when I'd see him decline my phone call. Just leave him alone, Kiera. He'll come back.

I hated when he was like this, although I have never seen him act so boldly towards me in a heated exchange, and I began to wonder if he regretted that, if he knew he took it too far. "What's on your mind?"

Kate knew exactly what was on my mind. She just wanted me to talk about it because she knew it would make me feel better, but I could see the arch in her brow as if she was wanting me to spill the tea because she was just as disappointed in my husband as much as I was.

"Nothing that you don't already know." I huffed.

"Feeling up for a little recon?"

Yes, one hundred percent, yes.

I knew she wasn't going to let me go this easily. She didn't want me to yet felt obligated to agree to my husband's request as she was the sole reason as to why I was here.

And just because Simon doesn't agree with me helping, doesn't mean I do...

"What kept you from asking sooner?"

"I wanted to wait until you cooled down," She shrugged. "You're too good at this job, Kiera. I need you."

"You've got me."

We shared a smile before she handed me a laptop, and I didn't hesitate to open it and get to work. My first task being to contact Graves and Ben, demanding a sitrep. I slipped on my headphones and switched to a channel to where Simon wouldn't hear me, nor the rest of the Task Force. "Graves, send traffic."