Negative

"Rise and shine, lad," Simon chimed from Baler's doorway, smirking at how Baler groaned when the light to the room was flipped on. "Time to get up."

"Dad, it's Saturday!" He groaned, his eyes still squeezed shut as he rolled onto his back. "What time is it?"

"4 o'clock. I guess while you were busy getting wasted on cheap whiskey and being run over by a bull, you forgot about our hunting trip today, huh?"

"Can we go next weekend? I worked late and my head still hurts from last night—"

"That's exactly why you're still going today," Simon chuckled. "You still have a lot to learn about your responsibilities, especially keeping your word. We've rescheduled this hunting trip once already and if we reschedule it again, there's a chance we won't get a deer and get a bloody squirrel instead. Now get up. I won't tell you again."

The teen groaned in disagreement, huffing before he forced himself to sit up in bed, exposing himself to the cool air outside of his comforter.

"Keep your huffing and puffing to a minimum when you leave your room. You don't need to wake your mum and siblings with that noise," He arched his brow. "Johnny will be meeting us shortly. Get dressed while I make you something to eat."

"Yes, sir."

"Hey," Simon nearly barked in offense. "Even though I'm still pissed for that little stunt you did last night, you still don't have to call me sir, alright?"

"O-Okay, dad." Baler nodded, swinging the comforter off of him while Simon left the doorway, making his way to the kitchen to make a quick breakfast while he waited for Johnny to arrive, knowing he'd eventually have to call him to wake him up as he was always one to sleep through a hangover. "Looks like I'll have two kids to babysit today." He huffed to himself, shaking his head while he reached into the fridge to get the carton of eggs and pack of bacon and cheese to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich for him and Baler.

"Never thought I'd see the day where you're up early making breakfast." Kiera giggled from behind him, shocked to see that Simon was unaware of her presence until she spoke.

"You should go back to bed, love. You've had a long night." He chuckled.

"It was kind of hard to when my main source of warmth left from my side this morning," She shrugged. "Besides, I smelled something cooking and was worried that you let Baler cook."

"If he was cooking, this house would be burnt to the ground," He huffed. "Besides, I think you're mistaking yourself: you're like a furnace when you sleep nestled against me. I'll never understand how you can bundle yourself up with a blanket while you're body is hot to the touch. I was ready to sleep outside." He breathed a laugh.

"I can't explain it either," Kiera shrugged. "Is Baler up?"

"He is. And he's not happy," He chuckled. "He'll wake up once he gets out in the cold."

Kiera giggled at the thought, knowing that having to be awake and move after being primarily hungover was a better punishment than just grounding him. She sat down at the kitchen table, surprised at the glass of iced coffee Simon had made for her – topped with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar. "You must've known I was going to wake up if you had this waiting on me, babe."

"I always know you wake up when I get out of bed, love."

"Always proud of your husband of the year title," She giggled before taking a sip of the coffee he had made for her. Perfect. "You always make the best coffee for someone who hates iced coffee."

"You'd be surprised the things I've grown to like since you and I," He smirked, adjusting the belt around his waist that held up his camouflage pants. "Just like I've come to force myself to enjoy that rubbish your mum calls sweet tea just because it makes her happy to see me drink it."