141 for Christmas

Simon's Point of View:

As much as I used to despise Christmas, I hated that the month was coming to an end, mainly because my reign of terror with 'Boney the Elf' and 'Sparkles' was ending. Baler believed that I was the one responsible, and no matter how right he was about it, I still gaslit him for my own benefit.

As for Johnny...

To say he was traumatized was an understatement.

A part of me felt guilty for keeping him up at night, but I gained immense pleasure when he would talk to me every day about what 'Sparkles' did to him in the middle of the night.

"The bloody thing is targeting me, and I don't know what I did!"

"It's because you let it know that you're afraid of it, mate." I would tell him, hiding a stupid grin on my face as he spoke to me over the phone.

The best part about all of this was when Johnny obliviously told me that he had gotten a camera to "catch Sparkles in the act," and all it did was make my ideas swirl. It was one of those Ring cameras, and Teeter happily obliged by giving us the password to their account for the camera he had aimed at the front door so that I knew the area to avoid so that I wouldn't get caught.

All it took was some fishing line and a decent time, and Johnny was petrified from that day forward...

I had put Sprinkles on a little Christmas tree decoration that sat close to the front door after leaving a mess in the floor with flour saying: "I'm watching you..." and Johnny took it as a threat, aiming the camera right at the bloody thing, and I knew that it was my perfect opportunity to really mess with him.

Enjoy my creation:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRc1aGQ1/

I didn't think I could ever bring myself to tell him that it was me this entire time – it was too fun and doing it to Baler wasn't entertaining enough as he wasn't nervous about it, but Johnny was always gullible.

Now that it was Christmas Eve, I had to really up the ante tonight, but Kiera had mentioned that just because it was Christmas didn't mean that the pranks had to go away after the twenty-fifth...

Oh, how I love how your mind thinks, love.

I was going to put the elf away after the New Year because why not?

If it were up to me, I'd bring the bloody thing out every holiday, but with the research I had been doing, the elf was supposed to come out only around Christmas time, but have I been known to play by the rules out of a military setting? Absolutely not.

We had just got done making our annual Christmas card, matching pajamas and all, except the only difference was that I could see a more relaxed expression on my face as I remembered suggesting the pattern of Christmas pajamas this year, even getting Kiera a pair made for men to accommodate her growing belly. It didn't swallow her whole, but I knew that she would feel restricted during our family occasion, which was followed by a big dinner, opening a "teaser present" to kick off Christmas Eve, making a fuck-ton of popcorn, making even more hot cocoa, and turning the living room into a makeshift movie theater to watch "The Polar Express" – a movie we watched only on Christmas Eve, knowing that Kiera embraced her inner child as watching Christmas movies was one of her favorite things.

Baler was in a far better mood after his little attitude adjustment, and he willingly helped out around the house to get dinner ready and cleaning up when Kiera needed it. As for me, I kept a close eye on the twins and was in charge of cutting the turkey and ham as it was the only excuse I had to step foot in the kitchen per Kiera and Eva.