Touching Your Enemy

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Simon awoke the next morning to small, kitten-like kisses to his bare chest, her fingers making small trails along his torso as her leg was draped over his waist. Looking to his right, he was pleased to see her looking back at him, her hand making its way to swipe the stubble on his cheek. "Good morning, baby." She whispered. 

He grinned, pressing a kiss to her flushed forehead, "Morning, love." 

"I didn't mean to wake you up." 

"I'd rather wake up every day like this than without you." 

She blushed, pressing her head against his chest, her thumb still swiping on his cheek. He looked towards the window, the sky clear and a sharp wind gasping the side of the house. They had fallen asleep on the opposite side of the bed - Kiera on his side and Simon on her side, the sound of a vibration catching his attention. 

He looked to the right, "You got another one in there?" He chuckled, teasing her. 

"No, it's my phone." She scoffed, realizing that someone was calling her. She moved to reach over him, her naked form hovering over him as she reached for her phone, seeing it was Frankie. "Yeah?" 

She relaxed on him, welcoming the warmth of his palms sliding over her bare back, the sensation providing relief from her healing injuries. "Hey, you wanna lend a hand pushing these cattle down from the far pasture?" He asked, his voice disturbing the silence of the house.

She sighed, not wanting to do any type of manual labor after the intense night of lovemaking, let alone the day after Christmas. "Weren't they supposed to be pushed down a week ago?" 

"Well, shit happened, K," Frankie scoffed. "You comin' to help or not?

"When do you need me?" 

"Couple hours. We're havin' breakfast right now." 

"Okay. I'll get up in a few and eat breakfast myself and I'll meet you down there." 

"Alright. Bring some extra help if you can. The more, the merrier." 

She scoffed, "Yeah, the more the merrier." 

"Merry fuckin' Christmas, cousin. See you soon." 

She sighed, rolling her eyes as she didn't want to leave the warmth of her bed as well as Simon's touch. "I don't like how he talks to you." Simon commented, his palms still rubbing against her back. 

"He doesn't mean anything by it. We yell at each other all the time." 

"Oh, I'm aware," Simon breathed a chuckle. "I just feel sorry for him when he crosses the line." 

"Why?" She giggled. "We've fought before." 

"It's not you I worry about - it's me. I'd knock his head off his shoulders."