Kiera

Author's Note: I'm sorry this chapter is boring. There's no plot to this chapter and it's mainly fluff. I was aiming to have it longer with a little cliffhanger at the end with as long as it took me to update this book, but I've had some writer's block this week because of the drastic weather change and dealing with Aunt Flo visiting and I have a stye on the inside of my eyelid, so it's been a hassle. 

*

Simon's Point of View:

I ended up spending nearly four hours in Johnny and Teeter's hospital room, the smell of the hospital still stuck on my clothes as I toted in a bag that contained Kiera's favorite chicken Caesar wrap and an iced coffee that was freezing my palm during the short walk from the truck and to the house.

She greeted me with a smile and a surprised gleam on her face once she realized that the food and coffee I had brought back was for her. She was cleaning the kitchen with Jacob against her hip, nuzzling her cheek against his head while she mopped the floor with a Swiffer. Evie was going to town on the soft foods Kiera had put on a plate for her while she sat in her highchair, her perfect face smeared with sweet potatoes as well as all over her hands.

My sweet girl, you're definitely just like me – you're obsessed with sweet potatoes, too.

I sat the bag and coffee down onto the counter before I offered to take Jacob from her to relieve the tension from her, and I couldn't help but frown at the thought of her doing all of this by herself... If I would've never made it back home – she would have to raise these children all by herself, and already having twins was more than just hard work. She looked exhausted, relieved once I returned home to provide her a helping hand, even though she wouldn't ask me.

"Here, love, let me take him or take over the mopping for you." I offered, reaching my hands out to take my son.

"It's okay, babe. How was it meeting Johnny's baby?"

"You should eat what I brought. Wouldn't be good to wait until it gets too old. And it was amazing, love. I can't wait for you to meet him."

She looked at me curiously before letting me have my son, "I figured that you couldn't put him down the moment you held him?"

"Not at all. Makes me excited for that little bean to come out of you." I chuckled, my hand reaching down to graze against her hardening belly. She was still so early in her pregnancy, but I was so excited to go through this experience with her again, wanting to do it over and over just to feel the same ounce of excitement.

I missed it, and I was sure she did, too. I didn't miss the military anymore like I did before. I didn't miss the blood, the bullets, the fighting...

Ghost missed that.

But not me. Ghost could have all the carnage he wanted, but he's not going to get it from me anymore. I was too happy being Simon – being the man that I deep down always wanted to be for so many years, and Kiera was the one who made that happen for me, whether she intended to or not, especially with how much I pushed her away at the beginning. She didn't deserve how bad I was to her in the beginning, but I was always appreciative that she never let me falter back to my own ways.

She never gave up on me. "I'm excited, too." She smiled at me, her free hand resting on her growing belly.

"He said that they should be coming home tomorrow. Well, should be released. I'll have to go and pick them up since they left in the ambulance." I shrugged, now holding Jacob against my side as Kiera continued to Swiffer the floor.

The next morning wasn't what I expected. Usually, I woke up and immediately stood to my feet to go to the bathroom before starting my day. Instead, I started my day a lot better than how I usually do – railing Kiera against the mattress when she woke me up with eagerness when that perfect ass was pressed against my morning wood.