Help From a Friend

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Kiera awoke the following morning to the smell of tea brewing. Brits, she grumbled, secretly hating the smell, but loving the taste as Simon "doctored it up" just right for her liking. Realizing that she awoke on the couch, she shot up, ignoring the pain in her aching back as she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. Did he fuck me on the couch, too?

"What time is it?" 

He turned around at her words, smirking at the light red marks on her neck, mascara staining under her eyes, and her tangled hair, "Seven on the dot." 

"Fuck," She sighed, forcing herself to her feet, looking down and noticing she was wearing the same shirt Simon wore the night before, the hem stopping just above her knees. Rubbing her thighs together, she grimaced at the sticky sensation coating the insides of her legs. "I have to go to work in a bit." 

"That's why I'm making you breakfast before I go help your father." 

"What do you and dad have planned?" She asked, the term taking her by surprise. 

"He asked us all to help him run some cows through some chute-"

"To test for Brucellosis," She answered for him, knowing he would fail at pronouncing the foreign word, watching him nod as he thanked her for saying it before his attempt was about to be brutal. "Well, I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me today after you do that? I'm not looking to get into another fight today until I find out more about what's going on." 

"Of course," He nodded. "Where're we going?" 

"I'm not sure yet. Do you still have that picture of the license plate from that so-called cop's car?" 

"Love, I'm sure it hasn't gone anywhere. I haven't even figured out how to delete anything on that phone yet." 

"You shouldn't." She giggled, watching his brows furrow. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Can't be deleting evidence from other women from me. Not yet. I'm too happy with you." She frowned, her cheeks forcing her lips to form into a teasing smile even though Simon noticed she was once again doubting herself. 

"Stop. I'm not going anywhere. There's no woman on this planet that can take me away from you." He assured her, setting her a plate on the table before making his own - as always. 

"I'm sorry. I need to keep these things to myself." She sighed, sitting down at the table, waiting to eat until he joined her. 

"No, tell me these things. I want to know what thoughts are hiding in that pretty head of yours so I can make them go away," He replied from the kitchen, turning off the stove before reaching for his mug of tea. "I made you some tea."