Stark Warning

Simon's Point of View:

Our helo was inbound to Laswell and Kiera's location, and I wanted to jump out and land like a bloody superhero just so I could see her faster, but of course I forced myself to be patient and didn't want to risk damaging my knees. My ego couldn't let Johnny poke fun at me for it. A lot of things happened within the last couple of days. Laswell informed Price of a plane crash that had Makarov written all over it, and she was wanting to brief us about the details she and Kiera dug up.

I saw the back of Kiera's head as she stood next to Laswell, and I was pissed to see that she was wearing a tactical vest and a sidearm, immediately assuming that she was going to fight someone, but I calmed down when I realized that she was only wearing it for convenience and protection.

If she needed it.

But she should know she wouldn't need it if I was around.

Farah and Alex were given the coordinates of the crash by Laswell and were going to scout the area as they knew that Makarov and his militia were pin pointing the blame on the ULF. We soon found out that Farah had wiped the Black Box clean and removed anything the Konni's had placed to frame the ULF for an attack, knowing that the world was seeing Urzikstan to be the blame.

She beat Makarov at his own game, and I hope that her team would continue to keep proving those bastard Konni's wrong.

I walked with more intention in my stride, closing the distance that kept me from Kiera. Laswell and Nikolai greeted us with a smile, Kiera being the last to take notice of our arrival. She looked afraid of me at her first glance, afraid that I was going to resent her right here in front of everyone, but I was surprised that she was actually here and in the flesh standing right in front of me. I wanted to pick her up and keep her close, but I needed to keep it professional to avoid getting a talk from Price, knowing he'd purposely keep me away from her to keep me from getting distracted.

Good luck, old man.

"How're you holding up?" Price asked Laswell, the two sharing a warm smile and friendly embrace. Now that I saw that, what's the difference if I were to hug Kiera in front of everyone?

Exactly, nothing.

She approached me with a smile, and it took everything in me to not rip off my balaclava and satisfy that craving I had for her lips. Instead, I hooked my arm around her shoulders and pulled her into me, pressing my chin to her forehead and whispered that I loved her. Her hand reached up to cup my cheek, her thumb tracing over the stubble that was growing beneath the fabric of my mask before she told me she loved me too.

The demented part of me wanted to fuck that smirk right off of her face, knowing she was teasing me without doing anything at all, but I kept those thoughts at bay as I placed the blame on my desire for her without seeing her for so long. Price made his way to her, telling her how beautiful and healthy she looked before he kissed her cheek. You would think that would've pissed me off, but it didn't. Price always talked highly of her and was my second-in-command when it came to keeping her safe, and he knew that.

But another part of me felt like it wasn't fair for my own Captain to kiss her cheek and that I would get scolded if I were to kiss her too.

I guess it's where the circumstances are different.

Both Johnny and Kyle did the same, except they knew better than to kiss her on the cheek in front of me, or even at all. I knew Johnny had eyes for her long before he and Teeter ever met, so he always held that over my head in a way. I remember scolding him for sexualizing her after meeting her for the first time, but fuck, I'm no better, I just didn't like hearing another man agree with my attraction towards her.