Granny Express

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Later on in the afternoon, considering both Simon and Kiera slept a lot longer than expected, he was the first to wake, realizing that it was nearly noon before forcing himself up out of bed. He didn't get the chance to comfort Kiera after they had arrived, seeing that she had fallen fast asleep once he finally made it to his room, the only thing he was able to do was remove her shoes and ensure she was comfortable before laying down himself.

It had been months - perhaps years - since he had been in his own apartment, seeing that everything was exactly how he had left it when he was there last. The only thing different was that Kiera occupied him. Having never bringing another woman into his home, she was the first - the first to extinguish his vow of never settling down, to extinguish having a person break down his boundaries without trying at all, to extinguish the forbidden word of love so easily that he embraced it all. I'm so fucking glad I didn't push her away, he thought as he searched through his cabinets to make something similar to breakfast, cursing at how he practically had nothing aside from the basics: flour, oil, sugar, and water.

And spare MRE's that he'd smuggle back home after a deployment to avoid having to go to the market.

How fucking romantic, Simon, make her a splendid breakfast of an outdated MRE. She'll love it, he sarcastically scolded himself, cursing under his breath that he didn't even have a bag of tea or coffee.

Walking into the bedroom, he steadied his breathing as she looked peaceful in his bed - a bed that once held him while he would conquer his awful nightmares, a bed that nearly held his body when he was contemplating suicide, a bed that felt his anger hit the pillow, a bed that was far from comforting. That same bed held her fragile frame, keeping her in a soft state as its blankets kept her warm when Simon wasn't there to do so. He was amazed at how she didn't have to do anything to keep his negative thoughts at bay - just her presence alone was enough to bring him into reality, realizing that maybe some sort of domestication was enough to leave the old Simon - Ghost - behind. I'm not just a shadow anymore. I'm a man about to be a father and hopefully a husband. It's all in the past now.

"Love?" He whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed and delicately tracing his finger along her bare arm, feeling her stir against his touch before her eyes slowly opened. "Hm?"

"What do you want for breakfast? I have to go to the market unless you want an MRE." He chuckled.

"What time is it?"

"Nearly noon."

"Fuck."

"Don't worry about it. You slept like a rock and definitely needed it," He assured her, rubbing her bare arm, smirking down at her as he watched her eyelids force themselves to stay open. "Do you want to go with me?"

"Are you going now?"

"I can go later if you'd rather." He shrugged.

"It's okay, I wouldn't want to hold up your time with your bushel of women." She poked, a smirk splaying on her lips.