Spa Day

Simon's Point of View:

"How am I going to have a spa day when I don't even know where I'm going?" Kiera asked, sitting on a chair in our bathroom as she applied lotion to her face. Evie and Jacob were still asleep from their mid-day nap after full stomachs from breakfast, sleeping like a rock in our bed after we had all eventually fallen back to sleep.

"Because if I would've told you where you're going, you'd want to stay home."

"Simon, you're scaring me." She raised her brow, her face caked white with her face mask, and I couldn't help but chuckle as I stood up from the edge of the bed, making my way into our shared bathroom to stand behind her, my hands massaging her shoulders gently before I reached to grasp the comb that sat on the counter, starting at her ends and working my way up to her roots. Combing Kiera's hair was always a task, mainly because her hair was so thick and layered that I had to separate it just to comb it thoroughly.

"I don't mean to scare you, love. I just know that if I would've told you what you'll be doing today, you would've denied it and not let me treat you."

"Can I at least have a hint?"

"Wear comfortable clothes and sandals."

"I-I can't wear sandals, Simon. My nail polish is chipping off!"

"Nobody will notice, love. Just trust me for once in your life, yeah?" I teased, leaning down to kiss the top of her head while I finished combing her hair.

"I do trust you, Simon."

"Okay, then quit asking questions," I chuckled. "Johnny and I talked about this yesterday, and he's going to be taking you and Teeter today. Don't worry, love. You're not the only one taking a spa day."

"So, it's me and Teeter?"

"With Johnny as your chauffeur. No kids, just you and Teeter having a day together and getting pampered, even I wouldn't say no to that."

"How come you didn't decide you wanted to take us?"

"I drive you crazy enough as it is. Figured you deserved some time without having to worry about me being glued to your side. I've got the kids, love."

"They'll behave for you, at least." She frowned.

"Hey, it'll be alright," I whispered, pressing another kiss to the top of her head and holding eye contact with her through the mirror. "All of this will blow over and things will be just fine. What you have to worry about right now is having this day to yourself."

"Do... Do you want me to stay away from you today?..." She guessed, and oh, was my angel wrong. Those hormones and negative thoughts were eating away at her again, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that I planned a spa day for her to help with her mental health. She didn't let herself go, but she couldn't do things on her own due to the life growing inside of her. I always painted her toenails for her, shaved her legs when she couldn't reach south of her knees, as well as her intimate areas. She just physically couldn't do it, and I helped her to the best of my ability, but she deserved to be pampered by a professional, to have a massage and facial without having to do it herself, to have her nails painted without getting some polish on the skin around her nails. She deserved this and more, and this was only a start.

"Of course, I want you to stay with me every waking second, but you deserve a day like today, but don't think for a second that it's because I don't want you here, because it's not true," I assured her with another kiss to the top of her head. "Now, what were you thinking of wearing? One of my t-shirts with your favorite leggings?"

"That's... exactly what I was thinking, Simon."

"I know just the sandals you'd love to wear, then," I smirked. "Were you thinking of wearing my grey t-shirt?"