Our World Just Got Better

"I'm so excited." Kiera smiled as she slipped on a baby pink sundress for the gender reveal party, smiling at Simon as he was wearing a casual pair of jeans and blue shirt. 

"Me too, love," He smiled through the mirror, watching her fix her hair to be a half-up style to complement her natural waves. "You look beautiful." 

"Thank you, babe. Are you sure leaving the gender reveal in the hands of Soap and Teeter was a good idea?" 

"I'm positive," He chuckled. "I also told Soap that if he fucked it up, there'd be hell to pay." 

"No you didn't." 

"You're right, I didn't say that, but I'm sure he knows better." 

"I think he does, but he's really sentimental and so is Teeter, so I think it'll be special regardless. They've been really secretive about today."

"They're always secretive, love," Simon huffed. "But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eager to see what he's planning." 

"He loves you, Simon. Not in a gay way - I know what you're thinking when I said that," She giggled. "You two have always looked out for each other and had each other's backs." 

"That's because we were in war."

"Probably so, but you can't deny that the both of you look out for each other. I've heard how you talk him through his anxious episodes when he's alone. You look out for him." 

"I do, but he's not the only one I look out for." 

"But he's the first one you check on." She arched her brow. 

He huffed, "He is." 

"Because he's your best friend. Even though you're going to say that it's because you were teammates." 

"I swear you're a mind reader." He chuckled, stepping behind her to rest his hands on either side of her belly, resting his chin on her shoulder. 

"You make it easy to read your mind." 

"How so?" 

"Like you've told me: eyes are windows to the soul." 

"That they are. I can't contain my excitement anymore, love. I'm ready to find out what you're having."

"Me too." She smiled, eagerly taking Simon's hand for him to lead her out of the house and towards the lodge to meet with her parents who had been planning a simple barbeque to not only celebrate, but to supply the number of her friends as well as the wranglers that wanted to participate in the gender reveal.

*

"Alright, L.T., what do you want to watch first: the way Teeter was planning to reveal one or the way you're going to reveal the other?" Soap asked, taking another bite of the hot dog Bud had made him. I fucking love American food.

Simon furrowed his brows, "I'm nervous to see what you've planned." 

"So that means we're doing what I planned first," He chuckled. "You'll love it." 

"If you say so." 

Eva clapped her hands, "I'm so excited!" 

Soap led the group to the oak tree that was nearby, grinning as he handed Simon a sniper rifle - one of Simon's favorite weapons of choice. You thoughtful bloke, Simon chuckled to himself. "I set up a target three-hundred yards away north of our position. Find it, then take it out, then you'll know what one of them is." Soap directed. 

Simon took a seat at the table Soap had set up, Kiera placing a nervous hand on his shoulder as he adjusted his scope, peering his head up to search for the target before adjusting his aim. "Cover your ears, love." He warned as he loaded the bullet into the chamber.