No Russian - Part 2

Kiera was hysterical, nearly on her knees when Simon informed her about a sudden deployment with no solid answer as to when he would be back

Kiera was hysterical, nearly on her knees when Simon informed her about a sudden deployment with no solid answer as to when he would be back. His face held a frown as he felt incredibly selfish for putting her through his own worries, his heart breaking at the sound of her cries, her face against his chest unable to muffle the sounds of her wails, Kiera oblivious to the excess moisture pooling in Simon's eyes.

He was afraid. 

Knowing of his past that included Makarov, he knew it wasn't going to be a short or easy deployment. He was hesitant to promise her that he would return - not wanting to make a promise that he couldn't keep just to propose false hope. She didn't deserve that. 

Her hands roamed his arms. Up to his neck then back to his hands, touching him as if she'd never see him again. 

To which, if she were to be honest with herself, she didn't know for sure if he'd come back or not. 

Every deployment was a gamble - she knew this personally. 

"Where're they sending you?" She sniffled, clutching the fabric of his shirt tighter. 

He knew it was classified information but chose to ignore it. "They're sending us to an undisclosed location in Russia."

"Russia?!" 

Simon nodded, pressing his cheek against her temple. "Yes. Laswell met us at the bar last night and told us." 

"Laswell?" Kiera scoffed.

"Yeah."

"What are they have you doing?" 

"Nobody really knows, love," He sighed. "Price said we could be gone for up to four months."

"Four months," She repeated against his chest. He fucking hated it. Hated how he wouldn't be able to be there for her, knowing she would have trouble during her pregnancy as her body adapted to the change. "I don't know what to do aside from worrying while you're gone." 

"I will be too. You know I'll reach out when and if I can." 

She exhaled heavily, fighting her stubbornness and unwillingness to let him go alone. "I-I want to go with you-"