Lure Me

Author's note: I'm so sorry it took so long to update! I've had this chapter nearly finished about two days ago, but work and life has been so crazy. My job is going well, but I work 6 days a week and only have Sundays off right now and I start my evening part time job this coming weekend. On top of that, my truck decided to give me some more trouble yesterday and now my rear axle is leaking brake fluid. I know how to fix it, but I have to wait until I get paid again to replace all of the seals because I refuse to take it to a mechanic and pay $500 for something I could've done myself when the parts I need are less than $20. Rant over! Enjoy this chapter heavily inspired by the TikTok trend where girls put pheromone perfume on to see how their men react. Kiera and Simon really needed a chapter together. :)

*

With a motivated gaze, Kiera entered the drug store in search of a pregnancy test. Although she wasn't sure she was pregnant again, after the fact they had been trying for the past couple of months, she wanted to be sure. Once she had located the tests, she grabbed two boxes of different brands before making her way to the register, seeing her best friend who had coincidentally decided to stop at the same store on her way home from work, except she was after the clearance decor instead of a pregnancy test. "Always buying decorations, I see." Kiera teased, watching Kristen turn around in surprise once she recognized Kiera's voice.

"I can't help it! They're on clearance!" Kristen giggled, taking the receipt from the cashier before standing back to let Kiera place her items on the belt. "Hmmm, whatcha got there?" She arched her brow.

"Don't act dumb, I told you me and Simon were trying for another."

"Mhm. I haven't talked to you in a week – didn't know if things had changed since then."

"Well, I can fix that. Are you free tomorrow?"

"Now don't you act dumb," Kristen giggled. "I'm always off on the weekend and lucky for you, I have no plans."

"How about you come over tomorrow? Simon is taking Baler hunting and I'll be at the house with the kids. We'll throw on some movies and make some food that we're not supposed to have."

"Sounds like a plan! Is your mom going to be around? I haven't seen her since the funeral—"

"I'll invite her, too. She's been asking about you," Kiera assured her, smiling warmly at the cashier while she retrieved her receipt and bag. "Thank you."

"Have a good evening."

"You too."

"Oh, meet me at my car. I have something I wanted to give you!" Kristen chimed, the pair exiting the store before Kiera joined her by walking to her SUV, watching her best friend smile with glee before retrieving a small purple bag from the floorboard of the passenger seat. "Crown Royal?"

"No, you stupid bitch!" She teased. "Clearly, you're still an alcoholic if you think every purple bag is a Crown Royal bag!"

"A sex toy?"

"No! Open it!"

Kiera breathed a laugh as she did as she was told, opening the bag to pull out a small box, opening the box itself to remove the vial of what looked like lip gloss. "Can you guess what it is now, smartie-pants?"

"Uh... Lip gloss?"

"It's pheromone perfume."

"Wha?"

"You know... It's been going around online for the longest time. Girls get it and put a bit of it on so their men go nuts for them. I figured you'd like to try it and see if Simon notices it."