Where She Belongs

I'm sorry this is such a short chapter. This weekend has been busy and I was lazy today after I got home from hiking. Weather in Montana is bipolar this year so far, so I'm trying to take advantage of a weather break while I can. 

I've also decided that slowly, I'm going to be going back through this story from the first chapter and rewrite it in Simon and Kiera's point of view. I just love writing their point of view's more than in third person. What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of writing an alternate chapter for the Sin Nombre mission that still lines up with this storyline, and I can't get it out of my head. Would you all like that as well?

This is a filler/fluffy chapter, even though it originally meant to be smut. However, that chapter is coming - I just need more time to write it!

Simon's Point of View:

Kiera's teasing was driving me crazy, and it felt like my shift took forever to end after she had left. The grip on the steering wheel of my patrol car was white, my trousers growing tight as I was desperate to push out the thoughts of mine and Kiera's night together aside so that I could focus.

I wanted to fuck her dumb, but I knew I had to take it easy on her due to her pregnancy, so I had to really listen to her and her body to ensure that I don't make her uncomfortable.

When I got home, I was glad I looked at my phone to see that Kiera had texted me:

Today, 7:26PM

My Love: Me and the kids are in the barn! Love you! 

I grinned before driving down to the barn, seeing the UTV Kiera had driven down parked right outside. When I got out, I immediately took off my duty belt and tossed it into the passenger seat as well as removing my vest and unbuttoning my shirt to remove my bulletproof vest, leaving me in my trousers and black spandex shirt that I wore under my uniform. God, I was so happy to get out of the confines of my uniform, the late Summer heat taking its toll on me. I followed the sounds of my precious daughter's laugh, walking through the barn to see Evie clinging on to the saddle horn on Cash's back, a wide smile on her face as Kiera led Cash by his lead rope. Initially, my heart sank when I saw my daughter on the back of a huge horse, but I chose not to let my overprotective instincts take over but to instead lean against the panels of the round pen as I watched my daughter have the time of her life. 

"Dada!" Jacob smiled at me, waddling towards me with his arms extended over his head, his hazel eyes looking up at me as he begged me to pick him up. "Up, up!" 

I smiled down at him, hooking my hands under his arms as I picked him up and sat him on my hip. "How are you doing, lad?" 

"Are you going to ride the horsie?" 

"Probably not today," I shook my head. "Did you get to ride the horsie yet?" 

"No. I didn't want to until you did. Will you ride the horsie with me, dada?" 

"Maybe. Looks like your sister is having fun right now, don't you think?" 

"She wanted to ride with mommy, but mommy said she couldn't because of her belly." 

"That's right." 

"Daddy! Look! I'm on a horse!" Evie shouted at me, a big smile on her face.