The Interrogation

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Alejandro refused to let Fernando out of his sight since they arrived back to the ranch, the boy crying every other hour or two as he relived his traumatic experience.

Kiera lay on Simon's chest, her eyes still wide open as she too was reliving what had happened the night before. "It's not your fault." He reminded her, his eyes fighting to stay open as he was just as exhausted as she was from the day before.

"I can't help but think about what that little boy has seen," She whimpered. "He's going to have to deal with that for the rest of his life. Especially seeing that man I had to kill right in front of him-"

"Love, you're blaming yourself. That man shot at you first. You had to do what you had to do."

"I know, but he still saw it. I can't imagine the post-traumatic stress he's going to endear at such his young age."

"Me either, but he's safe now. That's all that matters. You found him like you promised." He assured her, rubbing her upper arm with his large hand, subtly pulling her closer to him as he had the sense that she was about to start crying again. It broke his heart to see her like that, but he also couldn't imagine what was going through Alejandro's head to find his son in such a traumatizing state.

Just as he'd suspected, Kiera began to cry, knowing how hard it was for her to relive it all as he felt her tears seep through his shirt. His cheek pressed against her hot forehead, letting her emotions take over as he let her cry - something she always hated to do as it made her feel vulnerable.

But she allowed herself to show her vulnerability to Simon as she knew in her heart that he wouldn't take advantage of it. "I'm here, love."

"I need to call Laswell-"

"You can in the morning. Just focus on resting right now, yeah?"

"I can't rest, Simon. Not like this."

"Do you want me to put on a film to keep your mind off things?"

"I don't think that'll help, but we can try." She sighed.

"If we were at my flat, I know exactly what could help."

"What's that?"

"Do you like motorcycles?"

"I mean... I've never driven one, but they seem fun."

He smirked, "I know the first thing on my list to do with you when we get there."

"Oh, so you've already made a list?" She giggled.

He knew he was helping her keep her mind off of yesterday's events by keeping her occupied with another conversation. Well, at least he hoped it was helping. He knew it helped Soap when he would tell silly jokes over the comms while he was alone on a mission or anxious. Simon had always been well when it came to keeping himself calm. As for Soap, he was the opposite.