Calling Your Bluff

"I only see one legitimate bank on this proposal sheet." Kiera said, looking at the PDF files she had downloaded onto her laptop while bouncing Evie on her right knee as Natalie sat the glass of iced coffee she had made for them next to her before taking the seat close by."

"Chase and Mountain Trust won't go near him," Natalie snickered, removing her jacket and splaying it across the back of her chair. "He had a bankruptcy in '05."

"What a fuckin' hack," She scoffed lowly, mentally scolding herself for breaking her own 'no cursing' rule. "Who's Truist Capital?"

"AC firm out of Las Vegas."

"Ah huh, so that's how he does it. Dumb money out in Las Vegas, which is an endless supply."

"Evidently not," Natalie shook her head. "Look at his credit on the next file."

"He has two mortagesag on his house?" Kiera arched her brow. "Natalie, this guy has leveraged everything. Every penny is tied up into this development. Moving the river really hurt him."

"Look at file four."

"He's trading on the OTCC? I am not that lucky," She hummed mischievously. "It's at three dollars a share. I'm going to be on his board by Friday."

"Aren't you glad I brought the work to you?" Natalie chuckled.

"Ecstatic," Kiera scoffed. "Now I just need to worry about this," She continued, passing the file she had received from the courthouse towards Natalie. "He's trying to file a lawsuit against me for moving my own river."

"I'll see what I can do about this." She nodded, glancing over the papers.

"In the meantime, we should get down to the office. I have some things I need to pick up in town anyway," Kiera explained, standing to her feet. "I'll be right back. I'm going to go change her diaper."

"I'll be right here," She smiled, nearly jumping out of her skin when she felt her phone vibrating against her thigh. "I'm going to step outside real fast. I'm getting a call."

"Alright."

"Mountain man," She giggled, answering the phone once she stepped outside onto the porch. "Missing the desert yet?"

"I need your help."

"Must've stirred up quite the fight."

"When can you be here?"

"I'm working right now—"

"About what we discussed yesterday?"

"Yes. We'll be in the office later."

"Find a way to get out of her reach for a while. I have a meeting at four o'clock and need you sitting in on it."

"Send Harmon to fill in—"

"No, I'll send Harmon to take over your spot with her. I need you here. Big things need to be discussed and I'm not going to have that man filling in for you. I'm paying for the best of the best and he's nowhere near on my radar."

"I understand, so this is a "holy shit, drop everything" request?" She giggled.

"I'm talking the Armageddon rate."

"Okay, well we're going to run into town. Have Harmon waiting on me at the office. She'll believe it."

"She will, because I've been paying him to tend to her hand and foot when she's there," He replied sternly. "This is all going to plan. When you can, get me copies of the papers that were served on her. I need every ounce of information I can get."