Aftermath

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

The smoke began to fade into the cold Chicago air. The sirens from the police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances faded into the distance as well as chatter between paramedics. Gaz was burned on his bare skin but was able to walk and talk. His team of Marines were distraught, with one getting severe burns as well as losing his thumb, Price's vision was blurred, but he fought the urge to continue laying down. With the limited amount of time he had before the blast, he was unable to protect Kiera as putting her under him was his first thought before it happened. 

He was unable to get his bearings, wondering if the paramedics had removed her body from the debris. With a frown, he began to wonder how he was going to tell Simon. It's a bloody shame, he grumbled to himself, letting the paramedic approach him to check his dilated pupils. "What the hell happened?" He asked the stranger. 

"We don't know for sure, sir," The paramedic replied. "We've got you. Just relax."

Price groaned as he was hoisted onto a stretcher, looking around as he was revealed into the clear night, light flakes of snow raining from the sky, wondering how normal everything else seemed to civilians, yet he was in a warzone on the same stretch of land.

He looked to see Ghost standing aside, his eyes bloodshot. He was unsure if he was worried or if he had been crying. 

Ghost didn't respond

Ghost didn't respond. He was too stunned. 

Soap didn't think much of it as he rushed around the side of the building, seeing on of the glass doors busted out from the impact of the blast. There, he saw two individuals - one sitting and one standing, his hands shaking. Poor bastard, Soap thought, seeing that the man who was standing was visually disturbed as it looked as if he were a poor civilian. 

He smelled the faint stench of tobacco, seeing that the man and the other individual had been smoking. "Sir? Are you okay?" He asked the man standing. 

He looked at Soap, recognizing him as one of Hassan's hostages who had fortunately survived. "The medics are around the corner. Do you need help?" 

The man nodded, hobbling towards the direction Soap had pointed to, leaving him with the other individual who was sitting. He recognized tactical pants and laced boots, looking up the person's legs before his eyes fell onto the cigarette nestled between the victim's burnt lips. When he realized that it had been Kiera who bummed a smoke, he slowly approached her, looking over her to see how bad the damage was. The areas of her shirt were ripped, revealing burnt skin underneath. Her blonde hair was matted with soot and blood. Her exposed hands were burned, and Soap could see that one of her fingernails were gone.