Hallmark Date

I know this chapter sucks, but I'm trying to get back on my A-Game and write decent chapters for once, but I'm still in the midst of my depression that I'm trying to come out of. It's been hard, and every day is a little harder, but I'm trying, so I guess that's all that matters. 

Enjoy

*

Simon's Point of View:

"Are you fu—serious?!" I heard Baler shout from his room the following morning. Ah, right at five a.m. and I awoke with a smile. Mission accomplished. Today was the lad's first day back to school after Thanksgiving break, and I only had one more day before I returned to work myself.

"What's going on?" Kiera groaned from beside me, her arm laying over her eyes.

"That, my love, is the sweet success of hitting a nerve with that boy of ours," I snickered. "What a glorious sight."

"You're going to have way too much fun with this, babe."

"My favorite time of year," I shrugged, rolling onto my side to wrap my arm around her waist, splaying my hand over her little belly. "Sleep well, love?"

"For the two hours, yes," She smiled at me from over her shoulders. "Wonder if Johnny is awake yet."

"My phone hasn't rang yet, so I'm assuming he's still sleeping like a rock. I have all day to figure out what I'm going to do next."

"Johnny is going to have a different level of PTSD by the New Year, Simon."

"That's my goal," I chuckled, adjusting the comforter over her when I heard our bedroom door opening with force, and I immediately knew that it was that enraged teenager of ours. "What bills are you paying to be storming in here?" I scoffed at him, desperately trying to hide the smirk of succession on my face.

"What is this?!" He scoffed, holding up the elf I had put in his room in his hand. "Boney the Elf? Really?"

"That looks like you've gotten a visitor for the season, lad. I had nothing to do with that."

"Yeah, okay!"

"What makes you think it was me?"

"Because you have a stupid smirk on your face, and you made a stupid display with my magazines and co—"

"Condoms? What're you doing with those, hm?"

"Uhm... An experiment. Those were mine!"

"No, they were mine. Took them right out of my drawer. You don't have a reason to have those, lad." I scoffed at him.

"I have a girlfriend now—"

"Doesn't matter. You're too young to be doing that bloody shite," I arched my brow at him. "Go do your chores, you and I are going to have a discussion on your way to school."

"Fucking great." He mumbled under his breath, tossing the elf to the floor and having a tantrum like a damn toddler.

"Hey, stop with your attitude. It's never too early to make you go another ounce of military punishment."

He huffed, "Sorry."

"If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it. Go do your chores and get ready for school." I glared at him, watching him throw the elf to the floor before storming out of our bedroom. "What's gotten into him you think?"

"He's a teenager, and he's growing up into a young man. He's at that age to want to have intimate relationships, I'm afraid."

"That's what scares me. I'm going to have a talk with him. Looks like I can't just use that elf to prove a point."