Trying Again

Author's Note: I'm sorry this took forever for me to publish. I hope you all will forgive me after reading this smut-filled chapter. I've been so busy with work! In the past two weeks, I have been to Seattle, Spokane, Butte, Bozeman, Rock Springs, and soon to be Steamboat Springs. A lot of days have been spent sleeping in the truck or at a cheap AirBnB if available. I even wrote half of this chapter a week ago while in a horse stall that was vacant that I could sleep in during a layover. Lol I'm currently publishing this chapter from Wyoming at some cheap AirBnB that's in the middle of nowhere before I head back to Colorado in the morning. I'm hoping to update again soon. But either way, I hope you all enjoy!

*

Once the ceremony had concluded, Simon had helped eased Kiera into the passenger seat of his car, eager to get her home and enjoy the rest of the evening within the presence of each other before they departed the next morning for the first destination to mark their honeymoon - to which Simon still did not tell her what he had planned. With assurance that Jacob and Evie were taken care of and secured into Eva's vehicle, Simon waited until Eva had driven in front of them on the way back to the ranch. 

"That ring looks good on you, babe." Kiera giggled from the passenger seat, blushing as she physically witnessed Simon's pupils dilate to a thicker diameter once he held his gaze on her, his lips curling into a smirk. 

"Not used to wearing rings, but I'll gladly get used to this one," He chuckled, his right hand reaching for her left, bringing her knuckles up to his lips, pressing a soft kiss there. "Didn't think that ring could look more perfect dressed on that pretty finger, love." 

"I still can't believe we just got married," She sighed. "We've waited so long for this and now that it's finally happened... I can't wrap my head around it." 

"Me either, but I'm glad it did," He smirked. "As much as I dread leaving our children behind for our honeymoon, I think it'll be a relief for you to have some time away." 

"It will, but I'm going to miss my babies so much," She frowned. "Mom said she's going to send us constant pictures and videos while we're gone." 

"I'm sure, love," He assured her. "I can't wait to see your reaction once you figure out where we're going." 

"Well, where are we going?"

"That's a surprise. But I will say I accidentally fucked up the flight..."

"What do you mean?" She arched her brow. 

"Well, our first flight was supposed to go towards the east coast, but I somehow scheduled it for Nevada..."

"You're confusing me, Simon."

He smirked, "Let's just say we'll be spending a couple of days in a certain town in southern Nevada first..."

He watched her jaw drop, "Babe, are we... Going to Las Vegas?" 

"Possibly," He smirked. "Just know that I can't afford to be losing my new wife in Sin City. I babysit Johnny enough." 

She giggled, "You can't babysit me if you can't find me..." 

He arched his brow and she giggled, "Trying to make my blood pressure rise already?" 

"Oh, I'm sure you already are getting a rise out of this evening. If you know what I mean..." 

"Don't start anything you can't finish, love." 

"Who said I didn't want it to finish?" 

She smirked as she watched his face flush before he moved to adjust himself behind the steering wheel, clearly desperately trying to hide his pending erection, his mind briefly short-circuiting as he had hoped they were nearly home. Sighing, he gripped the steering wheel tightly before reaching for her hand, hoping to distract himself from intimate thoughts until he were to get home.